IN-23 is neat and all but only two tubes and the price...

Bill Notfaded

Apr 14, 2019, 7:49:52 PM4/14/19
to neonixie-l
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-IN-23-IN23-UNIC-ULTRA-RARE-NIXIE-TUBE-SYMBOL-ALIEN-NOS-NEW-FULL-TESTED/123734417163

It was tempting because it is a rare tube that I'm sure aren't often around but I can't see it becoming much with two tubes.

Michail Wilson

Apr 14, 2019, 10:53:28 PM4/14/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Wow,

I didn’t even know such a tube existed.

I think we made out on the 5971’s.

Look at this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Burroughs-Nixie-8422-5991-14-Pin-Readout-Vacuum-Tube-with-sockets/253988594648

Look at the socket itself.

Michail Wilson

206-920-6312

Bill Notfaded

Apr 14, 2019, 10:59:40 PM4/14/19
to neonixie-l
I'm so glad we got the B5971's... They're so unique and the smartsockets are really unique design. I wish I had gotten some of those vfd smartsockets back in the day...

Michail Wilson

Apr 14, 2019, 11:26:45 PM4/14/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I think the IV-4 / IV-17 files, etc are still available on the yahoo group.

How about this:
https://8x8x8item.com/products/nixt-clock-iv-17-vfd-tube-clock

Not a smart socket, but.. :)

How about...
http://www.badnixie.com/The_%22Utilitarian%22_Nixie.html

Michail Wilson
206-920-6312

Apr 15, 2019, 3:24:18 PM4/15/19
to neonixie-l
Yes the IN-23 is a very beautiful and rare tube. There are on ebay a few times, but already sold in hours, so its likely that you don't see them, if you are not following "sold items". Usually they were around 50$/pcs when i bought them.

Acutually this tube comes in three built variants

One standard variant, one with a rather brown background material, and a fine grid version. See attached images

IN23S2_10.jpg
IN23S3_10.jpg
IN23S1_10.jpg

Bill Notfaded

Apr 15, 2019, 7:03:57 PM4/15/19
to neonixie-l
I think I like the slightly finer rectangular grid of the three but seeing six of any in a clock would be epic! I considered it but with only two available I was pretty sure I might end up just leaving them on the shelf and maybe never see them again. I thought it over and almost bought them. Great pictures of all the versions btw... Really nice images you can actually blow up a little and see the detail.