Dalibor tubes

Robert

Jun 29, 2019, 1:19:19 PM6/29/19
to neonixie-l
Ordered some more variations of his RZ568m tubes

Polished stainless steel base and polished titanium nitride coated base and a pair of full grid tubes with steel base

Dekatron42

Jun 29, 2019, 1:25:51 PM6/29/19
to neonixie-l
How much does each of those specialvariations cost?

/Martin

Robert

Jun 29, 2019, 1:34:35 PM6/29/19
to neonixie-l
TiN coating is +$15, the polishing is also +$15.

The fullgrid nixie tube with standard stainless steel base same price as the standard version

Jeff Walton

Jun 29, 2019, 1:56:04 PM6/29/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I understand the base coatings. Does "full grid" mean that the anode backplate is "see through" where the regular solid metal is replaced with a grid like in the front?

I wonder what the downside of using a grid all around might be compared to the standard solid material...

Jeff

Dekatron42

Jun 29, 2019, 1:57:11 PM6/29/19
to neonixie-l
Nice!

Something to think about, must save some money now!

/Martin

Robert

Jun 29, 2019, 1:58:57 PM6/29/19
to neonixie-l
Yes there is a grid all round so you can see the digits from the rear

Don’t know what the downside of this might be if any

Kevin A.

Jun 29, 2019, 3:34:32 PM6/29/19
to neonixie-l
Are there any pictures of a full grid example?

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019, 1:58 PM Robert <robnor...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes there is a grid all round so you can see the digits from the rear

Don’t know what the downside of this might be if any

Robert

Jun 29, 2019, 5:00:08 PM6/29/19
to neonixie-l
See attached
BC88AF2C-14C1-4D26-BCD6-210A04A070F9.jpeg

John Rehwinkel

Jun 29, 2019, 6:11:00 PM6/29/19
to neonixie-l
I don't see the full grid ones available on the site. Nor the argon filled one that showed up in the blog. I did notice that there are some experiments with button stems instead of press seals, I'm interested to see where this goes.

- John

Robert

Jun 29, 2019, 6:18:07 PM6/29/19
to neonixie-l
The full grid ones are not listed but are available, I think the Argon one is still experimental

Dalibor

Jun 30, 2019, 2:16:58 PM6/30/19
to neonixie-l
Hello,

just a note, these are not standard options, we do them for customers who kind of collect our tubes and ask for more options :-)

John R: Last year we finally found a partner to develop the flat stems with - I will have first test batch in around two weeks. This year I will definitely publish more, want to make proper "revelation"!

Cheers

blkadder

Jun 30, 2019, 2:40:40 PM6/30/19
to neonixie-l
I was looking at some pics on Instagram and saw the separator tubes.  I really hope these end up on Dalibors website.  They will look awesome on an upcoming clock.

Dalibor Farný ( daliborfarny) • Instagram photos and videos.png

Kevin A.

Jun 30, 2019, 4:46:48 PM6/30/19
to neonixie-l
That will shut down the overpriced Z5680m market for good! Is there any way to mark the tubes with the same style of RFT labels on the back?

1x-Z5680M-nixie-tube.jpg

Jeff Walton

Jun 30, 2019, 6:00:22 PM6/30/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Actually, Dalibor's brand and art are well established within the nixie world.  Why would you want a marking other than his brand?  If you are a collector, you may want the original item.  With a clock, I want it to be displayed as having Dalibor's work and not as a second choice.

Yes, I have a clock with Dalibor Farney tubes.

Jeff

Kevin A.

Jun 30, 2019, 6:03:31 PM6/30/19
to neonixie-l
I meant to mark them in a similar style; obviously with his own branding or logo.

Not to imitate RFT tubes but to add a small detail reminiscent of the vintage technology his work pays homage to.

Tidak Ada

Jun 30, 2019, 6:36:56 PM6/30/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
A lookalike or a copy of the RFT logo would fringe with their brand rights !!

eric

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Mort

Jul 5, 2019, 12:05:35 PM7/5/19
to neonixie-l

I'd read here about Dalibor and his tube making business but never realized what a magnificent tube he makes.  Last week I watched his YouTube video about making tubes.  And then I saw the YouTube unboxing of the 6 tube clock he makes.  I ordered his 4 tube clock and his 6 tube clock.  The 4 tube clock will be here this coming Tuesday.  I can't wait to get both of them here and running!