leap second nixie

Tom Van Baak

Jun 30, 2015, 5:08:53 PM6/30/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Some clocks are right twice a day. This one once every few years:

http://leapsecond.com/images/CD47-235960.jpg

/tvb
CD47-235960.jpg

Nicholas Stock

Jun 30, 2015, 5:19:25 PM6/30/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I'll give you 600 dollars for those tubes....;-)

Don't see that very often.....I recognize most of the tubes, but what is the large end view at the top right? Another Rodan behemoth?

Cheers,

Nick

/tvb

gregebert

Jun 30, 2015, 5:44:57 PM6/30/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Almost looks like a  way-oversized IN-1. Notice the pin-base extends more than halfway up the height of the tube.

Geez, I never realized how puny my tubes are.........

Mich...@aol.com

Jun 30, 2015, 7:09:45 PM6/30/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I would be surprised if he even accepted $600 each.

Michail

Tom Van Baak

Jun 30, 2015, 10:23:28 PM6/30/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
> Don't see that very often.....I recognize most of the tubes, but what is the large end view
> at the top right? Another Rodan behemoth?

Hi Nick,

The tube in the top right corner is a "jumbo" Burroughs B-7011. See catalog 918A for specs.

/tvb

Nicholas Stock

Jun 30, 2015, 10:43:11 PM6/30/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
http://www.tube-tester.com/sites/nixie/dat_arch/Burroughs-Cat-918A.pdf

Wow. I thought I knew most of the tubes out there by now, but that is a monster!!

Thanks!

Tom Van Baak

Jul 3, 2015, 10:17:50 AM7/3/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

I put some photos of that Burroughs B-7011 tube here:

http://leapsecond.com/pages/B7011/

/tvb

Jul 3, 2015, 2:17:49 PM7/3/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
The photo of the 7011 being held in your hand is priceless; really shows the true size of this beast.
Can you post one of you holding the CD47 ?

Greg P

Jul 3, 2015, 2:25:26 PM7/3/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com, t...@leapsecond.com
Love the anode mesh..  Looks like it was cut out of window screen material.

Tom Van Baak

Jul 3, 2015, 4:15:08 PM7/3/15
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Sure. Although compared to the top-viewing B7011, it might take two hands for the side-viewing CD47...

http://leapsecond.com/pages/CD47/

Yes, the anode mesh is large enough to allow small pets inside.

/tvb

http://leapsecond.com/pages/B7011/