Is there a way to make reminders turned on by default for new tasks?

Aiman A

Apr 18, 2018, 12:59:25 AM4/18/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello,

Similar to 'notifications' in Google Calendar, which can be set by default for any new event, is it possible to have reminders by default on for every new task?

There are several suggested behaviors:
  1. Add new task
    1. X time & Y days before End Date, if End Date is set.
    2. X time & Y days before Start Date, if Start Date is set.
    3. In case neither exists, then no auto-reminder is set
I'd be happy with few choices, e.g. set reminders always on task start date.
It is super effective, as I'm using MLO cloud and Android, so even if I get busy or forget to use MLO daily, I'll get a notification on my mobile phone.

Currently, I have to enable reminders for every single new task...

I hope this feature can be considered, if it doesn't exist.

Stéph

Apr 18, 2018, 8:35:45 AM4/18/18
to MyLifeOrganized
This fits into my proposal to have more control over default parameter settings for new tasks so, although I wouldn’t have reminders turned on, I support the idea.

Stéphane

Ayman Teaman

Apr 18, 2018, 2:43:57 PM4/18/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for supporting the idea :)

Where is your proposal around that, so I can give my thumbs up too?

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 3:35 PM, Stéph <stephane...@gmail.com> wrote:
This fits into my proposal to have more control over default parameter settings for new tasks so, although I wouldn’t have reminders turned on, I support the idea.

Stéphane

Stéph

Apr 20, 2018, 10:26:13 AM4/20/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Sorry, Ayman; the main thread about this topic is over on the beta tester’s forum. I’ve added a link to your post over there.

The original text of my proposal was, as follows. Feel free to add thoughts and ideas on this discussion thread:

While it's a bit quiet on the forum, is this a good time to raise the subject of the single, biggest time-saving feature which could be implemented in MLO?

I find, when I'm adding new entries to MLO, I end up doing extra clicks of typing to make the same edits to each new item, changing start and due dates. This is especially because the parser won't interpret both start and due dates in the same entry. So, could we have a feature we used to have in Bonsai, to set custom defaults for new items? The options i'd like to see available to set are:

Start date set to None, Today, inherit from parent or inherit from sibling. Personally, I'd always have this one set to Today.
Due date set to none, Today, inherit from parent or inherit from sibling. Personally, I'd always set this to inherit from parent.
Category (correction: Context) set to none, inherit from parent or inherit from sibling. I'd select none.
Flag set to None, a fixed colour, inherit from parent or inherit from sibling. I might have a fixed colour to identify new items that haven't been reviewed yet.

These would be a one-time only setting for when an item is created. I wouldn't expect any processing to change any of these parameters when an item is moved. That should make it easier to set program this feature.

Update: One of the other users wanted to be able to set a default value for the “Starred” property, too.