MLO and Pomodoro. Success stories wanted.

Roman Romanik

Feb 1, 2017, 8:49:21 AM2/1/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi all,

Has anybody of MLO users implemented the Pomodoro technique with some level of success?

I've been scanning the forum for half a day but found only ideas of Richard C. Anyone else?

Best regards,

Roman

Martin.G

Feb 1, 2017, 5:10:49 PM2/1/17
to MyLifeOrganized
I use a very simple Pomodoro approach to try and keep focussed on a task, and keep track of how long I spend on it.

I set a timer for thirty minutes (I just use the windows 10 built-in timer) and concentrate on the task (eg writing a report) for all that time - no checking emails, websites or other distractions.  At the end of the thirty minutes - mark up another half hour spent on the job, get up and have a stretch and then get back for another half hour.

If I really do have to break off for something else half way through, I pause the timer.

Martin

MOK | MATSURU

Feb 2, 2017, 12:17:09 AM2/2/17
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Never really tried Pomodoro before. but i usually have some music/songs on. so I can roughly gauge if i use a long or short time.