Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Jim Wavada

no llegida,
28 de des. 2017, 14:46:2728/12/17
a MyLifeOrganized

It's a small thing.  But it would be nice to be able to create a Task from anywhere in my Task Outline, including the IN BOX and be able to save it to existing folder.  As I understand it, to file a task in a folder, it must be created in that folder.  Sometimes, I want to create a task on the fly or while I am in another View, like Starred Tasks, for instance.  I would like to be able to save that new task in the outline where it actually would belong.  Is that a function I just don't know how to invoke?

Andrei Bacean

no llegida,
28 de des. 2017, 17:54:4128/12/17
a MyLifeOrganized
Hi
Have you tried rapid task entry?
Hotkey ctrl+shift+m
(You can change it in settings).
In the top left corner of the rte you can change the folder where the task will be placed.
Br
Andrew

TerryK

no llegida,
29 de des. 2017, 3:24:4329/12/17
a MyLifeOrganized
One extra thought. Though as I am still under post review, I can not control when this will show.

Make a copy of the All Tasks View
Call the view something, maybe Move to Folder
Filter that view
Click Add Advanced
Filter on Is Folder = yes

Now select that view in the move dialog window, F6 to collapse [ it will stick ]

You now have all your folders showing no matter what level in the overall outline they live.

not tested in detail YMMV

TerryK

no llegida,
29 de des. 2017, 3:24:4329/12/17
a MyLifeOrganized
You are wanting Smart Folders, an entity that parses everything in real time to find and place links to items inside the folder.

Not possible [  yet :- ) ] in MLO. Our folders are task items that have been subsequently told they are a folder for text / icon formatting and filtering purposes.

What might work is to right click on the item and see how the move functionality works for you. If all your folders are top line parent items only, having the move window show all items and then hitting f6 might show only your folders and will be easy to move. If your folders are scattered within all sorts of levels, the move will still work, you just will need to do a little more hunting for the items new home.

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 1:46:27 PM UTC-6, Jim Wavada wrote:

bs

no llegida,
30 de des. 2017, 7:19:1730/12/17
a MyLifeOrganized
Perhaps I'm under-estimating your request, but doesn't a simple move accomplish your request?

While in the Starred folder, for example, create your task. Then right click and select Move (or CTRL-M) and then begin typing the folder name. Once you've found the folder, simply select it. The task will now be within that folder and, in this case, will still be starred. If you do this while in the InBox (or elsewhere in the outline), the item will then be moved to this folder. If you want the item in two different places in the outline, a copy (rather than move) would work. However, If you want the task to be located in two places in a linked fashion, that is not possible.

Hope this helps,
-bs

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 12:46:27 PM UTC-7, Jim Wavada wrote:

Jim Wavada

no llegida,
2 de gen. 2018, 9:51:422/1/18
a mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Ha!  You are absolutely right bs.  I fixated on the Save options and never considered the Move option.  Thanks, bs.  I will follow your advice.

Sent from my iPhone

Jim Wavada

no llegida,
3 de gen. 2018, 2:09:283/1/18