change context faster

TMZ

Jun 19, 2017, 3:47:06 PM6/19/17
to MyLifeOrganized
One more small idea:

If you change the context of a task (on windows), you have to rightclick the task on the context-row, than click on the old context, than (cause the contextmenue closes) rightclick the task on the context-row again and select the new context.

What about that:
rightclick the task on the context-row, click and hold the tick from the old context and drag it to the new context.

Would be nice in my opinion :)

Nick Clark

Jun 20, 2017, 4:30:30 AM6/20/17
to MyLifeOrganized
I don't see that. I just click on the ellipsis (...) next to the list of contexts in the properties pane and a box opens up letting me tick and untick whatever contexts I like. Click OK and it's done. Can't see any way to make that quicker.
Nick

David Timpe

Jun 20, 2017, 6:45:39 AM6/20/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Right click + hot key to remove or add.
Right click + x clears all.

Little annoying that right click + x clears a context and right click + l clears a date.

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jun 21, 2017, 4:09:22 AM6/21/17
to MyLifeOrganized
It's faster to pull up the context window with a hotkey Alt+L than click on the ellipsis (...) next to the list of contexts.  There you can check/uncheck the required contexts.
The key combination can be found at Tools->Options->Hotkeys.

TMZ

Jun 21, 2017, 6:29:43 AM6/21/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Thanks for the answer, I didn't know that hotkey, that's perfect!

Wallace Gilbraith

Jun 21, 2017, 9:55:15 AM6/21/17
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

That certainly looks more useful than right-clicking the context column and checking them on at a time

But I have a great many contexts, and using the context list looks like a lot of scrolling and clicking

I press Alt-F2 to jump from the task description over to the Properties > General > list of contexts

Then type a string of characters from the context; need not be the beginning of the context text

Eg I have @home-domestic and @home-garden, so ‘dom’ will get one, and ‘gar’ will get the other

Alt-F2 again jumps me back to the task description

I love how there’s so many ways to get MLO to do what you’re looking for

Stéph

Jun 22, 2017, 4:07:06 AM6/22/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Personally, because I tend to want to use only one context with each task, I'd love to have the option for holding the shift key while clicking on a context, to make that context replace all existing contexts instead of adding to it.

So, Alyona, how about suggesting to Andrey that he adds the Shift-click option for replacing contexts instead of adding a context?

Stéphane

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jul 10, 2017, 6:47:31 AM7/10/17
to MyLifeOrganized
Thank you for the suggestion. I have forwarded it to Andrey.