Bug: Complete tasks in order does not show in to-do list!

JuddMuir

Mar 7, 2008, 1:44:41 PM3/7/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

When "complete subtasks in order" is selected in latest Beta
(today's), the first task shows up as expected. However, once you mark
that task as completed, the subsequent task does NOT appear
automatically, or even if you refresh.

Also, tasks with equal priority/urgency/goals etc etc show up in
REVERSE order in the to-do list. In other words, if you have 5 tasks
that are all equal, they used to appear in the to-do list in the same
order that you have them in the task outline - now they appear in
reverse order.

JM

JuddMuir

Mar 7, 2008, 1:50:32 PM3/7/08
to MyLifeOrganized
As a follow-up to the above, in fact it's a bug with recurring
subtasks that are to be completed in order.

You complete the first task, it resets to the following day, and
subsequent tasks with today's date get blocked.

Grant

May 9, 2018, 2:23:05 AM5/9/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I would like to re-confirm, that after 10 years, this bug still exists.  I see it as a pretty significant one, given that a ordered list of re-occuring tasks, will not turn up in your active todo list after the first one is done!

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jun 12, 2018, 9:46:32 AM6/12/18
to MyLifeOrganized
We could not replicate the issue. Can you provide a video of the bug? You may use this tool: https://screencast-o-matic.com/

Jeff Smith

Jun 12, 2018, 4:08:44 PM6/12/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I thought of it as normal behavior by design (bad design) but I see how it might be fixed.
To recreate:

Create at least two subtasks and in the parent task require them to be completed in order.

ToDo flat list should only present the first task. If you complete it then the second task would appear in ToDo, but first make the first task reoccurring such as daily.

Check the first (recurring) task as complete in ToDo but instead of the second task appearing the next occurence of the first task is there.

Programmaticly this creates an endless loop so you will always have the first not completed and will never see the second task appear in ToDo.

I have v 2.5 so tell me if this isn't true anymore, but if I choose recurrence option "Regenerate new task 1 day(s) after each task is compete", it regenerates the task immediately and sets due date 1 day later. This is either saying the wrong words, or not following it's own instructions.

If it would truly have the future task not exist yet but be created actually the next day after it was marked complete instead of immediately, then it would solve both that an the other problem I have where I get the regenerated task be due two days ago just because I was two days late marking it complete. This really should not be creating a new task until the day it would be due, according to those words that it says in clear English.