MyLifeOrganized 5 public beta is out!

Alyona (MLO Support)

Apr 20, 2018, 1:53:12 PM4/20/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

Today we are sincerely pleased to be introducing the long-awaited redesign and feature update of our main flagman — MLO task organizer for Windows v.5!  Check out our blog post.

Feel free to s
hare your thoughts with us, your feedback is always welcome!

The MyLifeOrganized team

JohnP

Apr 20, 2018, 3:00:08 PM4/20/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Great New - I've been watching the video a few times and been looking forward to new versions. Congratulations on Public Beta.

I paid and downloaded, but AVG won't let me install it.

What now?

John

Luc Poitras

Apr 20, 2018, 4:30:57 PM4/20/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

Same thing for me! What to do?

Dan

Apr 21, 2018, 3:23:39 AM4/21/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Is a portable version of the beta available for download? I only see the .exe in the blog post.

c.k. lester

Apr 21, 2018, 3:23:39 AM4/21/18
to MyLifeOrganized
New interface looks nice! If I upgrade to this beta version, will I retain all the features I currently am subscribed to? Is this going to be another purchase, or is it just considered an upgrade of my current product? I have Professional Version 4.4.8.

Thank you!

Jean-Charles Pouplard

Apr 21, 2018, 3:23:39 AM4/21/18
to MyLifeOrganized
No more issue with AVG now ... just a "timeout" of 15 seconds while checking the binary file and then everything is ok.

Le vendredi 20 avril 2018 22:30:57 UTC+2, luc a écrit :

Same thing for me! What to do?

On Friday, 20 April 2018 18:53:12 UTC+1, Alyona (MLO Support) wrote:
Hi,

Today we are sincerely pleased to be introducing the long-awaited redesign and feature update of our main flagman — MLO task organizer for Windows v.5!  Check out our blog post.

Feel free to s
hare your thoughts with us, your feedback is always welcome!

The MyLifeOrganized team

Grant

Apr 22, 2018, 4:42:38 AM4/22/18
to MyLifeOrganized
If I read it right, this is a Beta, but if we want to continue using the Beta after 15 days, we have to pay?!  I don't recollect every having to had paid to help test an application in Beta.

First observation: the columns in the View side bar, for overdue and total number of tasks seem much wider than necessary.  I like to reserve room for the Main view.  Is it possible to make these less wide?

I am looking forward to trying more more of this new (Beta!) release.

Grant

Stéph

Apr 22, 2018, 1:36:36 PM4/22/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello Grant. This is the first public beta - the volunteer beta testers have been alpha- and beta-testing it for a while. From my experience, I think you can be pretty sure that this beta will be very stable and pretty-much bug-free.

I agree, the counters in the Views side bar do take up a lot of room.

Stéph
(beta tester)

Stéph

Apr 22, 2018, 1:38:26 PM4/22/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello Dan,

The closed beta group definitely has access to a portable version, because that's the version I test. If you don't get a reply on this thread, I'd suggest drawing Andrey's or Alyona's attention to it with a direct email to support.

Zen shift

Apr 23, 2018, 5:36:31 AM4/23/18
to MyLifeOrganized
新版本很棒,界面比以前好多了。我已经买了它!中文版将于何时发布?

在2018年4月21日星期六UTC + 8上午1:53:12,Alyona(MLO支持)写道:
嗨,

今天,我们真诚地高兴地介绍我们的主要旗手MLO任务组织者Windows V.5的期待已久的重新设计和功能更新!看看我们的博客文章。

随意送
与我们野兔您的想法,您的反馈是非常欢迎!

MyLifeOrganized团队

在2018年4月21日星期六UTC + 8上午1:53:12,Alyona(MLO支持)写道:
嗨,

今天,我们真诚地高兴地介绍我们的主要旗手MLO任务组织者Windows V.5的期待已久的重新设计和功能更新!看看我们的博客文章。

随意送
与我们野兔您的想法,您的反馈是非常欢迎!

MyLifeOrganized团队

在2018年4月21日星期六UTC + 8上午1:53:12,Alyona(MLO支持)写道:
嗨,

今天,我们真诚地高兴地介绍我们的主要旗手MLO任务组织者Windows V.5的期待已久的重新设计和功能更新!看看我们的博客文章。

随意送
与我们野兔您的想法,您的反馈是非常欢迎!

MyLifeOrganized团队

Alyona (MLO Support)

Apr 23, 2018, 12:44:46 PM4/23/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Yes, it is available. Links to download:

https://www.mylifeorganized.net/downloads/files/public-beta-mlo5/MLO.zip  -  full zip, unpack wherever you want to keep both versions.
https://www.mylifeorganized.net/downloads/files/public-beta-mlo5/mlo_beta.zip - only exe, unpack to any location

Alyona (MLO Support)

Apr 23, 2018, 1:24:11 PM4/23/18
to MyLifeOrganized
If the issue still persists, please download zip using this link: https://www.mylifeorganized.net/downloads/files/public-beta-mlo5/MLO.zip

Remy

Apr 26, 2018, 1:53:04 AM4/26/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Dear Alyona,

I'm testing v5.
  • I like the new interface but not the new mono-color icons. More and more software is using this kind of icons. I prefer the colored icons.
  • The google calendar sync feature is great!!
          It seems to work fine (If you do something in MLO it seems to work always fine ;) ).

          Just a question:
          There is no option to disable syncing of recurring tasks.
          If you have a recurring task "doing Yoga" the entire google calendar is full of "doing yoga"
          It would be nice to have only one entry of a recurring task in Google Calendar but I think that it isn't possible
          In that case I would like to disable all recurring tasks.

          There is an option to avoid syncing tasks without time (all day events) but that's not the same
  • I like the possibility to include html in notes (but as option p.e. a checkbox: "use html")
          It would be much easier to use the B, I, U method like in google groups as we write a comment. (Links, colors, text background, bullets, numbers)
          There is also a problem copying text with markup code. If I copy a note I don't want to copy the markup code.
          I know there is a possibility to switch to the "Task Properties" tab but default I always have "Edit Tab Properties" tab active, because I want to have the "Property panel" always enabled.
          An extra reason not to use markup text because I keep looking at the markup text in Edit Tab Properties.
          Another solution would be to put the Property panel tab also below the Task Properties tab

  • When I'm in Edit Tab Properties (with the property pane active) and my Task title is wrapped, it moves the Property panel to the bottom. I think this is a bug isn't it?
  • There is a lot of spaces between the entries in the View Panel (left). Can I diminish this padding?

Have a great day!

Mark

Apr 27, 2018, 5:35:40 AM4/27/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

Just started using MLO5 - and I must say I really like the new interface, Markdown is taking some getting used to, but I like the potential of the feature, and the tags!! - especially looking forward to these coming to Android.

I was really looking forward to the google calendar feature, but I hit an issue with it straight away, it appears that you can only sync 250 tasks - is that a google constraint?

To be honest I am reviewing if I really need so many dated task - many I add dates more to get them to the top of a list as opposed to being tied to an absolute timeframe.  However, I can see this being an issue for others..

If its a google limitation, one thing I would like to see would be to sync to multiple calendars - for example I could then split my tasks to a work calendar, and a personal one, or by project... Thanks.

Grant

Apr 27, 2018, 3:37:18 PM4/27/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi All,
Remy's issue with reoccurring tasks highlights a design issue with reoccurring tasks:  They always have a start and an end date - you can not choose one or the other.  If we could then we could use just a due date and time and then exclude synching with google for tasks that do not have both a start and end date.  (but even that is not going to work 100% as there are 'all day'  tasks I want to too have too - and those only have a due date usually)

owi_j

Apr 29, 2018, 9:59:37 AM4/29/18
to MyLifeOrganized
A solution that i use for the recurring task clutter issue is that instead of using recurring tasks I use the option to 'regenerate task 1 day after each task is completed'. This way there is no clutter in the calendar. The new task will appear only after the current task is completed.
This is also more correct because sometime you might have a daily task and you might miss an occurrence here and there, this instance should not appear in your calendar as it was not completed, while if a new task is generated only after completion the calendar is synced to the actual action.

José Ignacio Cordeu

Apr 29, 2018, 9:59:37 AM4/29/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

Love the update. Paid for upgrade from 4.8.

Is there a way to make task that sync to google calender to appear as available? They apear as if my time was occupied

Remy

May 1, 2018, 2:39:53 AM5/1/18
to MyLifeOrganized

A solution for me for now regarding recurring tasks would be to add an option in Google Calendar Sync Setup:
Exclude syncing tasks from ... branch

I do have all my recurring tasks in specific folders.

Remy

May 1, 2018, 2:39:53 AM5/1/18
to MyLifeOrganized
In Google Calendar?

However this regenerates a new task 1 day after the task is completed.
It doesn't generate the new task 1 day after the original due time.
Yes for someone this may be a solution but it is not the same as recurring tasks.

G German

May 1, 2018, 5:42:41 AM5/1/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Excellent upgrade!! Just paid for the licence for this new version. Great JOB!!!!

Grant

May 2, 2018, 2:43:17 AM5/2/18
to MyLifeOrganized
After a bit of use, I am using at Text Tag of <GCal.  This is not really an issue to add since the idea is that we should have a limited number of ' fixed landscape'  things like meeting, or truely all day events.  I do admit I like to also have key reminders at the top of my agenda or at a given time... but again, its not too many.
(But this does not mean that the other problem with re-occuring tasks being forced to have a start and end date should not be changed to allowing only one of the two like normal tasks ;-)

Frank

May 2, 2018, 1:18:57 PM5/2/18
to MyLifeOrganized
The ability to format text was one of the most wanted features since the beginning of MLO. Now MLO 5 offers (kind of) this long awaited future. But i don´t get it. Learning kind of HTML to format text? Really? Markdown was designed to write for the web. Why should you use it in a taskmanager?

Here my first impression, questions:
  • You have constantly to switch from Edit View to Preview. Who want´s that?
  • How do i change the textsize in Preview? It´s much to small on my high DPI monitors
  • Can i use charts and colour?
  • Can i import formatted text?
  • Which Markdown commands are supported? Where is the documentation?
  • How do i copy formatted text to use in another application?
  • How do i copy text to use in another application at all? Shoud i manually delete all markdown code?
  • How can in change the background colour. It looks like what ever you set in themes has no effect, right?

Am i the only one who thinks that this was the most cumbersome way possible to integrate text formatting options in MLO?
A simple editor like the one here to write this post would habe been useful but this is a major disapointment. Sorry i can´t share the euphoria.

Remy

May 3, 2018, 2:46:43 PM5/3/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I do agree with you.

However I think that it is nice that there is a possibility to add HTML code but not as the default format method.
There are mark up languages as Latex that can't do without but it is i.m.o. not a nice way to format text.
Much much easier to use B,I,U A, Link  numbering, left-right-center aligning icons

I think you're right about switching between Edit View to Preview

Yes, in html you can switch textsize and color but in the MLO markup language you can switch textsize as well
To know more about the markup language please see this page: http://blog.mylifeorganized.net/
There is a lot of information inside.

I do agree as well with you argument how to copy text with markup language.
You can copy the text but you have to switch to Preview Task Properties.

I'm testing v5 but after a few hours I've stopped using Markup.
Just don't like it. Did not like it in whatever software that had it.
(but it is better than nothing: maybe the MLO developers need to rewrite their entire code to adapt styling like the one in google groups)
Alyona?

Domas

May 3, 2018, 2:46:43 PM5/3/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I have to agree here.
The preview/edit mode split is the most annoying thing for me. All the text formatting gets not used, because I don't use the Preview mode.

I wonder what are the reasons for this decision.
It seems to me, that the simple rich text formatting implementation (like the one I see now, while writing this comment) should have been easier. And much more useful in my opinion.

Stéph

May 4, 2018, 12:14:22 PM5/4/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I think this topic deserves a discussion thread all of its own, rather than the useful feedback getting lost in the MLO5 public beta announcement thread.  I've pasted a link to this in a discussion on the beta forum, so that the developers don't miss your comments.

The advantages of Markdown are supposed to be that it's quick and lightweight and that the format codes don't get in the way of reading the plain text - underlining of headings still looks like underlining a heading. bold and italic emphasis looks like the emphasis characters that someone would use when writing a text message.

I was involved in some beta forum discussions about whether note formatting could be applied and whether Markdown might be a simple, lightweight way to provide that. It's interesting to see some of these challenges from the rest of the MLO community.

One last note: For converting between Markdown and other formats (eg pasting your MLO notes into Word), there are various free tools on the web.  Try things like Pandoc (a stand-alone multi-format converter) or Writage (a Markdown conversion plugin for Word). If you don't want to install any third party plugins, you can also use an online converter, like CloudConvert. Hope that helps.

Stéphane

Christoph Zwerschke

May 4, 2018, 12:37:51 PM5/4/18
Am 04.05.2018 um 18:14 schrieb Stéph:
> I was involved in some beta forum discussions about whether note
> formatting could be applied and whether Markdown might be a simple,
> lightweight way to provide that. It's interesting to see some of these
> challenges from the rest of the MLO community.

Actually I like the MarkDown support and think it was a good decision.
Fiddling with rich-text formatting is much more cumbersome.

However, I see are several things that could be improved. For instance,
when I paste anything that looks like a URL into the editable notes
field, it automatically becomes a clickable link - but when I switch to
the note preview, it's shown as plain text only. And when I format it as
a Markdown link to become clickable there, it's not clickable any more
in the editable view. Would be much better if URLs would be always
clickable in any of these cases.

It would be also helpful if the note preview could be copied with
formatting, and pasted into Evernote or Word as formatted text.

Another missing part is support for checklists, e.g. using this common
syntax (also supported by Evernote):
https://blog.github.com/2014-04-28-task-lists-in-all-markdown-documents/

This can sometimes be a time-saving alternative to adding and managing
real subtasks. So far, I have been using - and + as workaround to mark
uncompleted and completed subtasks in notes, but they now all appear as
bullets in the preview.

-- Christoph

Domas

May 5, 2018, 12:26:59 AM5/5/18
to MyLifeOrganized

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 7:37:51 PM UTC+3, Christoph wrote:

Fiddling with rich-text formatting is much more cumbersome.

Hi,
just out of interest, could you clarify this point? How it's much more cumbersome?
I would say that selecting a word and clicking B at the top is the clearest way of formatting the word. For me it's much less cumbersome than adding ** and ** around the word.

Same with links, headers (font sizes), bullet points, numbers - it's always one click away, instead of typing all the symbols manually and then checking what is the final result in the other view.

Frank

May 5, 2018, 12:26:59 AM5/5/18
to MyLifeOrganized
!!!   PLEASE ANDREY, REMOVE THIS MARKDOWN FEATURE WITH A WORKING TEXT FORMATTING CONCEPT  !!!

One have to understand the difference between Working or using notes for work and Publishing.

If you want to publish something you want that it looks good and then you publish it and there is no need to do any edit later. If it comes to print media it is actually not even possible to do any edits postpublish.

If if need additional information for accomplishing a task i do wanna have those notes in a good readable form. But not if a have to switch continuesly between two modes ( Preview/Edit) Who has time for that? Who wants to learn a cryptic code for formatting text? Who wants to see strange ***### symbols in his text while working with it? And who does not want sometimes copy text from the notes to another application. This is now not possible anymore. Now you have to delete all the Markdown code symbols before or after copying. This is so weird. If only i could copy the formatted text of the preview. But even that is impossible.

Markdown like HTML is a publishing code where focus is to achieve a certain look with few effort.
I don´t wanna sound rude here but the implemenation of the long awaited formatting feature in this way makes me sometimes wonder if Andrey is using MLO himself. I tried intensively to integrate Markdown im my workflow but in the end it was just a waste of time. My conclusion is that nobody will use this feature. Maybe for a few tasks where you store information for reference purposes. But never for alive tasks where you have to updating the notes on a constant basis.

What is so difficult? Why not integrate a tiny RTF Editor with some keycommands like

•  CTRL  B, U, I  for Bold, Underscore, Italic
•  The ability to change font, fontsize and colour
•  lists and numerations
•  ability to indent

This makes me sleepless. Andrey, this is a tiny update. Not much has changed and you charge quite a lot for it. MLO 4 will not be supported anymore. So MLO Users have no choice. Please,  please come up with a working, useable concept for text formatting. I could support you in doing so.

Christoph Zwerschke

May 5, 2018, 7:20:18 AM5/5/18
Am 04.05.2018 um 20:06 schrieb Domas:
> Fiddling with rich-text formatting is much more cumbersome.
>
> just out of interest, could you clarify this point? How it's much more
> cumbersome?
>
> Same with links, headers (font sizes), bullet points, numbers - it's
> always one click away, instead of typing all the symbols manually and
> then checking what is the final result in the other view.

Ok, let me explain (bear with me, this will be a long posting).

In fact I have the same issue with Evernote and other apps which *have*
rich-text formatting.

The main issue I have is when it comes to headlines, quotes and code.

I use headlines to structure my notes (or tasks) and add quotes to cite
literal requests by customers (e.g. from a phone call or mail). Also,
computer administrators or developers often have code (including shell
commands) as part of their notes. E.g. a note could be an explanation of
several things I have to do to install a software. Such a note would
alternate between narrative explanations and computer commands (code),
with headings for subsections. Such notes can be used both as reference
documentation and as template/checklist for future tasks, e.g. when I
need to re-install something or install it elsewhere.

Adding headlines, quotes and code is cumbersome in Evernote, because for
every such section, I need to leave the keyboard, select the section
with the moue, pick a font, which means open the font selector, find
e.g. the monospaced font in a long list, then change the font size for a
heading to make it larger and maybe also bold, or for code because the
default size it usually too large in monospaced. All of that takes way
too much time. With Markdown it is not necessary, it's very easy to mark
these different sections, I do not have to use the mouse and I have
always consistently looking headlines, code, quotes in all my notes.

Rich text formatting would be only useful for me when it comes with
selectable paragraph styles for headings, code or quotes that can be
selected with a single click or keyboard shortcut. But most rich text
formatting editors (including the one in Evernote) don't provide
paragraph styles, probably because UI developers or managers fear it
makes their toolbar look too cluttered and many people consider them
"complicated", they prefer changing the formatting manually every time
for whatever reason. So they only provide a minimal interface. (Well,
Evernote at least has got a button for marking code sections now, but it
took a long time until they implemented that. And it still doesn't have
others paragraph styles and has a horrible font selector that doesn't
even allow picking favorites or last used fonts, you need to pick from a
long list of fonts every time.)

When writing notes and tasks, what matters is speed. It never makes
sense for me to select fonts or colors for individual sections, that
takes too much time and distracts me from writing the actual content,
with too little benefit.

The other problem I have with rich text editors is the "stickiness" of
formatting. E.g. when I have a bold faced word or link or a bullet list
and want to append something next to it, I don't have control over
whether it becomes part of the bold faced formatting, link or a bullet
point, and the editor nearly always does the wrong thing automatically,
and it's always annoying. With Markdown I don't have that problem.

By the way, the whole point of Markdown is that the syntax is not
complicated, you can learn it in minutes, and is readable even WITH
Markdown syntax.

One argument that I *do* understand is that the separation between
preview and edit mode is a bit annoying. However, this is an UI issue
that not only concerns the notes field, but also all other fields. I
guess one reason for doing it that way was to get the desktop UI more in
line with the mobile apps. In principle this is a good idea,
particularly for users who often switch between desktop and mobile.

I have several ideas for mitigating the issue caused by the separation:

* When I want to edit a field in preview mode, I just click on it, and
it switches to edit mode with the focus on the clicked field. This
already works for the notes field, but not for the other fields.

* An option to display preview and edit view at the same time, side by
side (most Markdown editors have that).

* A "mixed" mode, i.e. kind of editable live preview. Modern Markdown
editors like Typora (https://typora.io/) or Caret (https://caret.io/) do
this and I find it a good compromise - I like it much more than the
"side by side" solution. Unfortunately, it's a bit difficult to
implement. Maybe a feature worth exploring for the next version.

There are other ways to make the Markdown field more useful that I
mentioned in my last posting. E.g. make URLs always auto format, and
make the preview copyable as formatted text.

Finally, something else that is on my mind: I found the appeal to remove
the Markdown feature very rude - towards the developers who spent so
much time and serious consideration implementing it, and the beta
testers who tested it and other users who like it and wanted to have it.
Imagine how you feel after spending so much effort and thoughts on a
feature only to be told "remove that crap and do it the way I like it".

If anything, you should make an appeal to add a configuration option to
switch between Markdown and rich text formatting in the next version, so
users can choose what they like most. I guess that there will be always
users who prefer the one over the other.

-- Christoph

Stéph

May 7, 2018, 7:20:04 PM5/7/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I’ll just add these thoughts to Christoph’s reply, Frank. These are just thoughts about expectations and what might be possible for Andrey to implement - I don’t mean them to sound critical of the comments ir difficulties you’ve raised, or of your idea that it might be possible to incorporate a simple RTF editor.

While you may be satisfied with a tiny RTF editor, there will always be other people who will argue for more and more word-processing features, so that they can write and format comprehensive notes. However, Andrey’s concept (unless it’s changed) was always to produce a fast and light task manager, with the ability to jot quick, unformatted notes. With the resources and budget available, I expect it will never be a full project management programme (like a multi-platform Microsoft Project) or a full word Processor. Inclusion of Markdown was offered as a simple way to add the formatting that many users had asked for, without breaking that concept. If you really want to produce notes with detailed formatting, good enough to publish, then MLO is probably not the right place for those. Other options would be to (1) stay with plain text notes, which you format after copying them into your publishing tool, (2) use Markdown formatting, then use an external converter or record a macro in Word to convert the code characters to RTF / .docx formatting, or (3) Keep the notes in another app such as Evernote, OneNote or MS Word documents and just put links into your related MLO tasks.

For things like notes formatting, parsing and date formatting, Andrey relies on software components from other authors, as he has a small company, trying to support and develop MLO on multiple platforms. This will limit what changes he can make (or persuade other developers to make) in some of the features if his software.

I expect that implementing rtf would be a bit trickier. Unlike Markdown, the editor might have to be implemented on every platform (Windows, iOS, Android) at the same time, to keep the notes legible. That would make it a lot harder to develop.

We should definitely request features which we think are important and comment on where a feature doesn’t work as hoped or meet our needs. However, I don’t think we should get too upset if our needs can’t be met or are not considered to fit with the author’s plan for development.
Overall, I think it’s really important that this discussion takes place, so thanks for stating your view. There have been a few people who have challenged the Markdown implementation with various concerns, so we’ll see what other options or improvements Andrey explores.

arnyeinstein

May 8, 2018, 3:11:50 AM5/8/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi
Looks great. Only the shortkeys-function for opening MLO5 doesn't seem to work (Windows 10).
Cheers
Renger

Grant

May 9, 2018, 1:22:16 AM5/9/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Why not have both... use a format button bar in the preview mode so you can edit it there, like we can here in google forums when writting a post, and have the ' mark up '  box for those who like to work lean and mean and do not work much with other text tools they might want to copy to?

Grant

May 9, 2018, 1:41:28 AM5/9/18
to MyLifeOrganized
OK, while its not perfect, I have paid for my upgrade.  What I like and do not like so far
- Text Tags are probably the most significant new feature - this provides the basis for using tags to structure your tasks without the need of having to put everything into a hierarchy.  If this can be work out so you can manage text tags like we do contexts, and even maybe view our tasks by at task hierarchy, then we have pretty special application I think.
- Google Calendar integration is good and useful for those who depend on Google Calendar.  Inside my large organization, we do not use this, so for my work, its useless - but there is nothing to do about this - its not MLOs problem.   On the other hand, MLO has made a good try to let you choose what will go to the calendar, but its not complete,  so work-arounds are still needed in some cases
- I am so-so about the markup language.  Its great to have it, but entering mark up as I type is not how I type - and I think that is true for most workers (programmers will have less a problem with this).  I advise that MLO simply also include a text formate button bar, in the preview mode maybe, that lets you work with your text more like a word processor.  I have not looked into the copy and paste issues, but it would be important to be able to copy my formatted text to RTF based tools too.
- The task sum columns added to the left panel look good, but serve little real value, and take up a lot more space than they need to.
- On feature I would really like to see is to be able to double click on a item shown in the preview mode and go into the edit mode... its not natural to see a preview and then have to click away to another place to edit it.

Keep up the  good progress MLO team.  My only wish is you could work faster, as I bet most of these points where discovered by the closed beta team, but not (yet, I hope) implemented.

Christoph Zwerschke

May 9, 2018, 2:24:12 AM5/9/18
Am 09.05.2018 um 07:22 schrieb Grant:
> Why not have both... use a format button bar in the preview mode so
> you can edit it there, like we can here in google forums when
> writting a post, and have the ' mark up ' box for those who like to
> work lean and mean and do not work much with other text tools they
> might want to copy to?

While it is relatively easy to convert Markdown to RTF/HTML, it's not
easy or actually impossible to convert back into the opposite direction.
So switching back and forth would not work, it makes more sense to make
it a general option.

-- Christoph

Oleksii Liubarets

May 9, 2018, 11:50:51 PM5/9/18
to MyLifeOrganized
  1. Can't use TAB in edition mode for intends - terrible as forces to add and count spaces.
  2. Text in <code> block is way too small - almost unreadable which makes entire function useless. Increase or add corresponding option.
  3. No shortcuts to paste a piece of text and wrap it with a certain formatting, for example, <code>.

Stéph

May 10, 2018, 11:56:28 AM5/10/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Oleksii, I have a solution for your item 1:  Ctrl-I is a hidden (undocumented) key combination for entering tab character into the notes field.

Stéphane

Stéph

May 10, 2018, 11:58:01 AM5/10/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello Grant,

Regarding Google Calendar. Our organization uses Outlook / Office365. However, I'm able to view (not edit) Google Calendars in parallel with my own calendar, by importing them. I don't know of this is of use to you, but it may help.

Regards,
Stéphane

Cloud Lau

May 14, 2018, 3:22:20 AM5/14/18
to MyLifeOrganized

Hi There,

Sorry to tell you that the MLO 5 is still unable to open any link mark-downed contains Chinese characters. It’s 2018 now and MLO still stuck with this anti-Unicode issue likely 19th century. It does disappoint me soooo much, exactly the whole Asia USERs, please DO consider bringing us the FIX, many thanks.

MOK | MATSURU

May 14, 2018, 8:30:56 AM5/14/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Have u tried this? Someone suggested this long ago. Maybe it is useful.

Chinese:add <>, <file:C:\测试\>
EverNote Note:
1、In EverNote,copy note link with "Control",then you will get the local link.
2、In MLO Note:type “<file:>”,paste the local link
OK

for instance
<file:evernote:///view/8892/s9/280215a3-e66b-4623-acd3-c72455d32d/280215a3-e67b-4623-acd3-c7235235dd/>

Mun Thung Lew

May 16, 2018, 2:16:06 AM5/16/18
to MyLifeOrganized
this is useful~!
---> Chinese:add <>, <file:C:\测试\>
Message has been deleted

Katya Loney

May 29, 2018, 1:12:58 AM5/29/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I've been using the public beta for a couple of days, and I'm finding that the Active Actions isn't showing what the documentation says it should be showing. I have a task with a start date/time of today (at the beginning of the day) and a due date/time of tomorrow at close of business, but it only shows up in Active Actions if I go into the filters and change the To: portion of Start Date to be Today+1. My understanding is that as long as the task is started, it should be appearing in Active Actions. (This is a stand-alone task, so no parent or subtask should be impacting it; it's not a folder, nor is it marked to be hidden in to-do.)

Is this a bug, or is it a change in functionality that hasn't been documented yet?

Thanks!

Daniel Sekera

May 29, 2018, 10:34:27 AM5/29/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I noticed this behavior when I created a new work space.  If i selected the options to sync selection and zoom  with my first tab then I got the behavior you described.  I had to take the further step to go to the little arrow on the views heading,and change it to active actions and then under the context heading select all.  Once I did that it would work fine.  If I build a new work space and do not select the sync options it also works fine and shows the new active task expect.   It is the syncing that is overriding the expected behavior on mine.  Is that yours as well?

Lukasz Bochinski

Jun 4, 2018, 4:52:51 AM6/4/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

I'm new to MLO and just testing a beta to see if it is something i would like to commit to but I got a issue straight away with how the Projects are displayed in the way that sub folders are shown twice for example i create folder "Test" and the sub folder "Test2" I see my two folders as it should be ie Test 2 inside Test but the i got another folder shown as [Prj:Test]-Test2 which is the same folder just shown again. I was trying to find option in the views etc to hide this but cant find anything...

How do i prevent sub folders to show up on the list again?

Michael Emerald, CFA

Jun 4, 2018, 6:15:32 AM6/4/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

I agree. In my words, a sub-project shows up as two projects. There's probably a way around this, but is there on the Android platform ?

P.s. I changed the subject name

Stéph

Jun 4, 2018, 10:08:10 AM6/4/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello Lukasz (and Michael),

I think you can customise the filter so that only main projects are shown and sub-projects are not included. Try setting this up in the Advanced filter:

isProject AND
TopLevelProjectName is empty

Best regards,
Stéphane

MOK | MATSURU

Jun 5, 2018, 3:27:29 AM6/5/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
If u want edit the view on MLO desktop to show what u want. Then u can:
Option 01. Edit the view on the android
option 02. export the view from MLO desktop & import it into MLO Android.

Hope this is helpful.

leeca

Jun 7, 2018, 1:33:45 AM6/7/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello,

Is there a way to track how much time a task takes? I.e, right click on a task, say start timing, right click on it to say stop timing. You'd be able to get statistics showing how much time was spent on each task for a day. This would greatly help those of us who regularly bill our time to different projects on a daily basis.

Thank you

Wallace Gilbraith

Jun 7, 2018, 3:58:52 AM6/7/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com, MyLifeOrganized
Have a look at toggl.com

Wol

- sent from my phone, please excuse brevity -

- please mail me at ho...@gilbraith.co.uk -

Sent from BlueMail

Jun 9, 2018, 1:18:22 PM6/9/18
to MyLifeOrganized
The Toggl iOS app is getting slated in the app store reviews. I hope they get it fixed. The alternative that I'm using is ATracker Pro. However, if MLO was able to link projects or tasks to one of the other time tracking apps, I'd switch to that app straight away (as long as it wasn't a subscription model).

Stéphane

Wallace Gilbraith

Jun 9, 2018, 3:04:18 PM6/9/18
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Android app too - only gets 3.8 stars.
I've been using the website version
Don't think ATracker was available on android when I first found toggl, but I'll give it a whirl, thanks

- sent from my phone, please excuse brevity -

- please mail me at ho...@gilbraith.co.uk -

Sent from BlueMail

Jun 11, 2018, 2:25:44 AM6/11/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hope they will allow sub-views to have similar names as long as they're from different supraviews.  Please!  :-)

bil...@opensourcetemple.com

Jun 19, 2018, 3:22:06 AM6/19/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Is there a way to disable the workspace tab ? I am running it in crossover on linux and it generates exceptions whenever the mouse pointer interacts with the workspace tab, in the previous version there was a way to disable it via the view menu but that option seems to be mossing in MLO5.

Thomas Girard

Jul 4, 2018, 7:46:13 AM7/4/18
to MyLifeOrganized
+1 ! I would like to disable the worspace tab too !

Thanks

dogwalker350

Jul 23, 2018, 3:51:25 AM7/23/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Now that the beta has been out for three months, any indication of when it will transition from beta to normal version release? I have not been a beta tester, but will be interested in the update when it is no longer beta. Thanks.

Oleksii Liubarets

Jul 24, 2018, 5:36:58 AM7/24/18
to MyLifeOrganized
I would rather wait till they make markdown language usable than getting it now as it is. Take your time and make it work.

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jul 25, 2018, 1:57:26 PM7/25/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

The option to hide tabs is not available in MLO 5 by design. But we will take your comment into account and consider possible solutions.

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jul 25, 2018, 1:58:53 PM7/25/18
to MyLifeOrganized
The team is busy with the final preparations. We will let the community know once there is any update. Thank you for waiting!

Cloud Lau

Sep 28, 2018, 2:53:02 AM9/28/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi MLO Team,

Please consider adding Asia Characters support to file link DIRECTLY rather than manually adding <>, I have many Chinese-name files pending to insert to my tasks and it's really inconvenient without direct support.

Cloud Lau

Sep 28, 2018, 2:53:02 AM9/28/18
to MyLifeOrganized
Thank you MOK,

Sure this worked but it certainly cost more effort by manually typing <> rather than just pressing Ctrl + Alt + F and select a file, hope MLO team could fix for our Asia users.

mata...@gmail.com