D3 UOPY

Lecram

Jan 5, 2022, 3:28:54 AM1/5/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
HI everyone,

Happy new year to all!
I am a new developer on d3 and would like to use uopy with it. A contact at Rocket, told me that we can use uopy with d3.
But I have an RPC failure and a refused connection, maybe it is not possible to connect with my local machine to a d3 database?

Cheers

Clement

Neil Pratt

Jan 5, 2022, 2:03:53 PM1/5/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Welcome to the wonderful world of Pick/D3...

I've worked on D3 systems for many years and have never heard of uopy?

Eugene Klaus

Jan 5, 2022, 2:11:06 PM1/5/22
to mvd...@googlegroups.com
Neil,

UniObjects for Python (UOPY). UOPY is a client-side Python API that
you can use to access a UniData or UniVerse database over the network.

Respectfully,
Gene Klaus
Proven Unix Linux Systems Engineer | “How do you know if you can trust
someone until you take a chance and let them prove you right or
wrong?“ <Ernest Hemingway>
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugene-klaus-a44a8811
gene...@gmail.com/(810) 444-9026

On 1/5/22, 'Neil Pratt' via Pick and MultiValue Databases

--
Respectfully,
Gene Klaus
Proven Unix Linux Systems Engineer | “How do you know if you can trust
someone until you take a chance and let them prove you right or
wrong?“ <ErnestHemingway>
https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugene-klaus-a44a8811
gene...@gmail.com

Brian Speirs

Jan 5, 2022, 5:09:01 PM1/5/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hi Clement,

What Gene is trying to say is that UOPY will not be useful for connecting to D3.

UOPY is designed for use with the UniVerse database (maybe UniData too). Even though all those databases are owned by Rocket, the internal architecture of those products is quite different, so you can't use a client library designed for one database with another.

Hopefully there are others here who can tell you how to connect to D3 using Python.

Cheers,

Brian

KOSDAY SOLUTIONS

Jan 6, 2022, 1:28:43 AM1/6/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Best wishes to the whole group.

Clement, You can take a look at Linkar Framework for Phyton. With this framework you can program against any mv database, including D3.
Here you have the link with more details, https://kosday.com/linkar-clients/
And the help manual at https://kosday.com/Manuals/en_WEB_LINKARFRAMEWORKPYTHON/Main/

Hope this help
Angel

philippe GRACIA

Jan 6, 2022, 2:44:18 AM1/6/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Hello veryone and happy new year!

Uopy is now for D3 too!

I mailed rocket support and they expained me that uopy is now suppported on both windows and linux D3 10.3.3 platform.
it use rpc on windows and a new interface called d3netsvc and a new api call d3api_server.

As it's brand new, we have to discover how it works !

thanks for all replies.

Philippe

Neil Pratt

Jan 12, 2022, 11:34:35 AM1/12/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Gene,

Thanks for the info. It's been 10 years since I worked on a UNIVERSE system and have not been keeping up with upgrades.

We have D3 Release Version  10.2.0.LINUX and I've heard that 10.3 can talk PYTHON so we need to upgrade at some point but we don't have a pressing need to do so at the moment.

Neil

Neil Pratt

Jan 12, 2022, 11:41:29 AM1/12/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Angel,

The links you gave don't work.

Neil.

KOSDAY SOLUTIONS

Jan 12, 2022, 11:54:07 AM1/12/22
to Pick and MultiValue Databases
Neil:
Jeez, I don't get it. I access perfectly.
Where are you accessing from?
And access to  kosday.com ?
Best Regards
Angel