Sync with Android

caps...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2018, 8:59:03 PM1/27/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
I have downloaded the Mnemosyne application on my Android. On my PC I have close to 3000 cards I created with Japanese characters, vocabulary and such.
On my PC, in "configure Mnemosyne" I checked "allow other devices so sync with this computer", but was puzzled about the User Name and Password - I don't remember having either. So I just typed new ones. It says "Port: 8512" and"server running on 10.20.30.217. Not using any media files, so I left that unchecked. Next I was puzzled by "allow remote review through a web browser". What is that and should I? Just trying to get my smartphone to show me my Japanese cards.
When I select SYNC in the Mnemosyne application on my phone, more puzzlement results. What should I enter in the "Server:" box? I entered the 10.20.30.107 although I suspect that is not what goes there. It seemed like a good thing that the "Port 8512" agreed with same number on my PC.
And I entered the Username and Password I just created. Pushing SYNC bar, I get" Logging in ..., long time nothing, then "Timeout when trying to connect to server!"
Please help, I am total internet nincompoop.

Peter Bienstman

Jan 28, 2018, 9:34:35 AM1/28/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, . Don't worry about thd review server, but when you start the sync server on your desktop, it will show a message like 'sync server running on xxx xxx.xxx.xxx. These are the numbers you should put as server address in the Android client.

Make sure that Mnemosyne is still running on the desktop when you sync, and that both devices are on the same network.

Good luck!

Peter