Using vocabulary cards: how to switch quizzes to back-to-front?

jhae...@hawaii.rr.com

Mar 9, 2018, 3:14:55 AM3/9/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
How do I force the testing (quizzing) component of Mnemosyne to use B-F, instead of the default F-B in a vocabulary card database?

Peter Bienstman

Mar 9, 2018, 3:17:31 AM3/9/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The default is that for a Vocubulary card type you get quizzed in both directions, but reproduction only shows up after you've successfully learned the recognition card.

So, double check that your card indeed has the Vocabulary card type, and not 'Front-to-back only', and that in Activate cards, you have not accidentally disabled the Production direction.

Cheers,

Peter

jhae...@hawaii.rr.com

Mar 9, 2018, 3:54:11 AM3/9/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 10:14:55 PM UTC-10, James Haefner wrote:
> How do I force the testing (quizzing) component of Mnemosyne to use B-F, instead of the default F-B in a vocabulary card database?

EDIT: OK, I see the testing component runs first through F-B and then repeats B-F. New question: if the testing order is "random", are F-B and B-F also randomly displayed and inter-dispersed? Or, are the F-B random, then random B-F?

Peter Bienstman

Mar 9, 2018, 4:48:49 AM3/9/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After the initial learning phase, when they come up in a few days, they will be randomised, but Mnemosyne will try to avoid showing you both sister cards on the same day.

After you've been using Mnemosyne for a few days, it will make more sense :-)

Cheers,

Peter