how to clone cards

wad...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2018, 7:39:46 AM8/29/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
How do you clone cards / a set of cards?

Thanks a lot in advance!

John

Peter Bienstman

Aug 29, 2018, 7:43:17 AM8/29/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What exactly do you want to achieve and for what purpose?

If it's copy and paste of cards, you could e.g. export them to tsv format and reimport them.

There is also functionality to clone card types in Mnemosyne, but that's e.g. to create a Spanish card type cloned from the Vocabulary card type, so that you can give a separate font and colour.

Cheers,

Peter

wad...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2018, 9:16:34 AM8/30/18
to mnemosyne-proj-users
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your swift reaction and the infos.

> What exactly do you want to achieve and for what purpose?

I have a set of cards for Language X (English - Language X). Now I would like to learn the equivalents of the same English words and phrases for Language Y.
So I am looking for a way to duplicate or clone the Language X set. I would then simply have to replace the Language X content of each card by Language Y data, while not having to retype the English side.

I am not sure this is the most efficient way, but that's what I had come up with.

Cheers,
John

Peter Bienstman

Aug 30, 2018, 9:20:17 AM8/30/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd suggest to export these cards to a tsv text file from within Mnemosyne, do the changes and then reimport.

Cheers,

Peter