mnemosyne users

Francesco Ariis

Jul 28, 2018, 4:36:38 AM7/28/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Peter, hello everyone,
I missed a couple of weeks worth of cards and now I have a yuuuge
backlog:

Scheduled: 690 Not Memorised: 82

Is there a way to go through the `Not Memorised` before the `Scheduled`?
I dread the moment when I finish my scheduled cards and have to go
through errors (not memorised), which takes more effort.
Thanks
-F

Peter Bienstman

Jul 28, 2018, 11:59:26 PM7/28/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just change the learning mode to only do the new cards. It's a feature in one of the latest versions.

Cheers,

Peter

Oct 21, 2018, 9:35:31 AM10/21/18
On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 03:59:22AM +0000, Peter Bienstman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just change the learning mode to only do the new cards. It's a feature in one of the latest versions.

Hi Peter,
I have finally installed 2.6.1

I need some more help though. In bottom-right I read:

Scheduled: 86
Not memorised: 41 <-- those are errors, not new cards
Active: 7946

Which options/setting do I pick to study only those 41 cards?
-F

Peter Bienstman

Oct 22, 2018, 12:44:18 AM10/22/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The learning mode only focuses on new cards, not failed cards.

Kind regards,

Peter

Oct 22, 2018, 7:50:49 AM10/22/18
On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 04:44:08AM +0000, Peter Bienstman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The learning mode only focuses on new cards, not failed cards.

I see, thanks!

Is there a feature request open for this? Do you think you would
accept a patch?

To illustrate why I think it is a sore spot, here is a user story:

- you fall behind because, say, of a vacation
- you then do some ~1000 cards diligently, little by little,
this activity generates 100 errors
- you are not going through the errors, 100 of them. This is
not only taxing, but ensures that
+ for the next few days/weeks you will have a boatload of cards
each day
+ each of those days has a big share of difficult cards.
+ if you don't complete one day, you are stuck at point 1, having
a backlog of error which cannot be addressed timely.

With "study errors only" we could:
- do a part of those 1000 backlog cards (say, 100)
- address the errors immediately (say, 10 of them)

I am mostly talking to myself. If anyone has a better method,
or comments, I would love to hear those!

Peter Bienstman

Oct 22, 2018, 7:57:50 AM10/22/18
to mnemosyne-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It's not on my todo list at the moment, but the learning mode code is flexible enough to accommodate a plugin if somebody wants to code this.

Cheers,

Peter