Firefox 27.0.1 not allowing me to scroll to select blocks

Assigned to shadow...@gmail.com by me

Ron Schildge

Mar 6, 2014, 1:55:47 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
When I am in the blocks editor and I select a block type and the window pops up over the viewer, I cannot scroll down to select my specific block unless I quickly move my mouse over to the scroll bar, which is set to auto disappear by my browser after a second. This is a real pain. It works fine in my Safari browser.

Enis

Mar 6, 2014, 2:52:11 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Ron:

You should be able to grab the scroll bar and move the thumb up and down.  It works fine for me in Firefox 26... The scroll thumb is narrow, and long, on the right side of the window that pops out when you click on a component.

Ron Schildge

Mar 6, 2014, 3:01:13 PM3/6/14
to Enis, mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
It works if I move quickly to grab the scroll bar, but the scroll bar
disappears after a second and won't reappear. I'm on a Mac too, if
that helps.
Ron
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mitappinventortest/10f43df5-e39b-4642-8a0c-1014715d3c18%40googlegroups.com.

Ron Schildge
Suffield Academy
185 North Main Street
Suffield, CT 06078

Hal Abelson

Mar 6, 2014, 3:30:13 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com, Enis
This is an issue that, as far as I know, affects only Firefox on Macs.   As a workaround, go to your Mac under System Preferences --> General.  Then under Show Scroll Bars, select Always.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Enis <shadow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ron:
>
> You should be able to grab the scroll bar and move the thumb up and down.
> It works fine for me in Firefox 26... The scroll thumb is narrow, and long,
> on the right side of the window that pops out when you click on a component.

Ron Schildge

Mar 6, 2014, 7:03:11 PM3/6/14
That's a good solution, and I'll be advising my students to just download Chrome. Thank you!
Ron

Enis

Mar 6, 2014, 7:03:55 PM3/6/14
to mitappinv...@googlegroups.com
Chrome is currently faster for AI2 development than Firefox anyway, so if you can do that, it's probably preferred.