Re: [mirone:480] SWAN / TINTOL tsunami analusis tools

Joaquim Luis

Aug 10, 2017, 10:16:48 PM8/10/17
to mir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marinos,

I'm on vacations and away from my computer.
What can quickly say is that NSWING is working fine and is a much more elaborated code than old tsun2 or SWAN. TINTOL is the front tool to access NSWIN and, not implemented yet, perhaps ANUGA.

We need to update Mirone because I fixed many things in TINTOL since last release (as known, the main updating mechanism is via "Help -> check for updates").

Regarding inundation, the right way of doing that is via nested grids. There is not yet a manual for that but exploring the TINTOL buttons should be possible to find out how. See the rectangle button and pay attention to the tooltips and remember that the mouse right button is your friend.

Joaquim

Sent from my iDedo

No dia 10/08/2017, às 21:37, Marinos <mari...@gmail.com> escreveu:

I am trying to perform a tsunami analysis for a test case. I have the bathymetry file, plus the deformation from OKADA, but something is going wrong.

I am using Mirone ver 2.7 (standalone version under windows 10), when I either compute by SWAN or RUN the TINTOL tools after the execution, the program usually crashes and close. It produce a series of files, depending on the output option selected, but I cannot be sure that are the correct files. Could you please let me know briefly, what to expect as file outputs in each case? For example after computing with SWAN the 3 MOST.nc files that are produced seem empty in the Aquamto viewer, although they are 12 MB in size...

Besides that should there be a change in TINTOL window when you select either NSWING or ANUGA tabs? Nothings seem to change... Why did you replace Tsun2 with TINTOL?

Thanks in advance!

Message has been deleted

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís

Dec 2, 2021, 11:34:50 AM12/2/21
to mir...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I need some more context on what caused that error but if it was in the grid calculator with a somewhat more complex formula I wouldn’t get surprised.

Joaquim Luis

Dec 3, 2021, 2:52:28 AM12/3/21
to mir...@googlegroups.com
Saludos Doctor Joaquim, el tutor està dirigido para la versiòn de Mirone 0.7, existe un tutorial para las versiones màs actualizadas?.

Mucas gracias

Marcelo

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís

Dec 3, 2021, 9:48:59 AM12/3/21
to mir...@googlegroups.com
Bons dias Marcelo

Desculpa mas continuo a não entender. A qual tutorial te referes?

Cumprimentos

Joaquim