Script to sync database with Memento cloud before creating a new record?

Brian Lojeck

Jun 27, 2020, 7:27:48 PM6/27/20
to mementodatabase
got a simple database set up to track box contents and locations in an upcoming move of our house.

I've got a paid PRO level account, my wife will soon do the same.

The database is shared between our accounts via the Memento Cloud, although we've also got the data synced to my google sheets account.

here's my question: I've got the database set up to auto-increment a "box id #" field, so that the first box is #1, the second is #2, etc. You create a new record, it auto-generates the number.

But, with two people working on local copies on their phones as they pack, this creates a race condition. It's trivial, in testing, to create two boxes with identical numbers.

So, how can I make a script that forces a sync to the Memento Cloud before a new record is created?

Gilles Mons

Jun 28, 2020, 1:19:04 AM6/28/20
to Brian Lojeck, mementodatabase
Hello Brian,

If you are on Android, synchronization is done when opening the base, or by pulling the screen down .....

On the office version, click on the icon .....

I do not know of any instruction which allows to trigger the sinchro .....

You can ask the question to Mémentodatabase support, it can take a long time to answer, but it always responds.

Gilles Mons

Kevin Osborne

Jun 28, 2020, 4:37:29 AM6/28/20
to mementodatabase
This a feature heavily requested and it's long been asked for.
I would like either auto sync or a script to force sync. Neither has been done as yet ☹️

Ernst Moser

Jun 28, 2020, 4:56:37 AM6/28/20
to mementodatabase
Hallo
Du willst die Box nach dem Umzug wieder finden .Mein Vorschlag . Du machst die Aufkleber mit Nummern die du beim Packen in Memento eingibst . Box -> Nummer aufkleben ( " BOX 1 ") -> Einpacken -> aufschreiben . So muss du nicht in einer Reihenfolge vorgehen . Memento kann auch QR Cude oder Bar Code lesen .

Hello
You want to find the box again after moving. My suggestion. You make the stickers with numbers that you enter when packing in Memento. Box -> stick on number ("BOX 1") -> pack up -> write it down. You don't have to do it in order. Memento can also read QR Cude or Bar Code.

Gilles Mons

Jun 28, 2020, 7:24:31 AM6/28/20
to Brian Lojeck, mementodatabase
Brian,

I think that a solution for you, would be to make a field "hours" and to put it in name of identifier in addition to the number of cardboard, that will allow you to differentiate the recordings and to correct the numbers on the cardboards. .

Gilles Mons

Le dim. 28 juin 2020 à 01:27, Brian Lojeck <brian...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Beth Dixon

Jun 28, 2020, 12:10:36 PM6/28/20
to mementodatabase

Gilles Mons

Jun 28, 2020, 12:17:53 PM6/28/20
to Beth Dixon, mementodatabase
Hello Beth,

You read well the first post of Brian .....

Gilles Mons

Le dim. 28 juin 2020 à 18:10, Beth Dixon <beth.ea...@gmail.com> a écrit :
https://help.mementodatabase.com/?ht_kb=zapier-integration