COMBINATION PROCESS WPS

balaji srinivasan

Jun 26, 2016, 4:37:30 AM6/26/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

We have WPS-A for stainless P8 to 08  witith Gtaw+ smaw thickness limit is gtaw 8mm and smaw 14mm.
Now our construction team is trying to weld only gtaw process for upto 8mm weld joints with same WPS -A .
Is it possible to use it or I want make new WPS for gtaw with supporting of same PQR.
Please advice.

Regards,
Balaji.M

Vanchinath S.A.

Jun 26, 2016, 5:13:46 AM6/26/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Revise WPS with existing PQR.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jun 27, 2016, 7:35:29 AM6/27/16
to materials-welding

Yes, u can

Hareesh K V

Jun 27, 2016, 7:35:35 AM6/27/16
to Vanchinath S.A., material...@googlegroups.com
Dear sir,

You have to make a new WPS (say WPS-B) with the same PQR.

The issue in using the same WPS is, we cannot identify whether the joint is welded with full GTAW or with GTAW+SMAW.

Regards,
Hareesh K V

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Jun 27, 2016, 7:35:46 AM6/27/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Balaji
Yes you can use same PQR,but revise the WPS
Note: Only change non essential parameter

Regards
M.Sajid.

Ali Bhatti

Jun 27, 2016, 7:35:58 AM6/27/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

As per the information below, I can understand that the thickness of the Test Coupon for the PQR is >10mm. So, even if you are using GTAW individually, the minimum thickness qualified is 5 mm ie; if you are using GTAW, you have to make sure that the thickness limit is 5mm-8mm. It’s not possible to weld a joint which is having thickness less than 5mm.

Sent from my iPhone

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Jun 28, 2016, 2:11:30 AM6/28/16
to materials-welding
do u make weld plan, put process on X-ray, why u want waste time and increasing paper work

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, IWE,  AWS-CWI, CSWIP 3.1,
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY
Mobile no: +919940739349

Malusare Vijay

Jun 28, 2016, 2:11:53 AM6/28/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

Yes you can use with revised WAP

Vijay

Suchin Katavut

Jun 28, 2016, 2:12:06 AM6/28/16
to material...@googlegroups.com, Vanchinath S.A.
Dear Sir

As per your mentioned to make a new WPS & PQR to support GTAW for our reference, do they any code for reference? Please advise

Best Regards

Suchin K
+66 81 889 4912

Sent from my iPhone

Rajesh S.Mhaske,Engineer Welding,CSWIP,ASNT,Pune,

Jun 28, 2016, 11:40:58 PM6/28/16
to Materials & Welding
Dear
Not required to prepared the New WPS.

Hareesh K V

Jun 30, 2016, 1:06:46 AM6/30/16
to materials-welding

Dear Sir,

A new WPS is to made (say WPS-B) for GTAW.

When you are welding a joint where only GTAW is to be used then you have to use WPS-B and when you have to weld GTAW + SMAW then WPS-A to be followed.

Separate WPS are to be maintained because of this reasons. No code references for this.

When you are welding only with GTAW and mentioning WPS-A will make a misunderstanding that it is welded with GTAW + SMAW.

So my opinion is to make a new WPS with the same PQR and maintain both WPS depends on the process you are using to weld.

Regards,

Hareesh K V
+91-8547859202