RTR/ GRP pipe

pradip kumar sil

Mar 3, 2013, 7:08:11 AM3/3/13
to materials-welding
Dear Expert,
Can anybody help me about GRP & RTR piping joining method /NDT/ RELATED TEST.
Regards
Pradip

Nandesh Kumar

Mar 3, 2013, 10:03:48 AM3/3/13
to material...@googlegroups.com

Attached file might be useful to you.

ವಂದನೆಗಳೊಂದಿಗೆ / Best regards,

Nandesh Kumar A

Abu Dhabi, UAE

P.S. : Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

--- On Sun, 3/3/13, pradip kumar sil <prad...@gmail.com> wrote:

ebs-grp-katalog.pdf

Muthukrishnan Sivaramakrishnan

Mar 5, 2013, 12:57:06 AM3/5/13
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr.Pradip ,

GRP pipes are laminated using supplier's fiber mat and resin .After drying of the laminated joint we can check the Barcol Hardness using a tester normally available with the lamination team .Acceptable harness value varies with pressure rating of pipe and are mentioned in pipe supplier's manual .They also specify the widht of lamination ,number of layers of fiber mat to be used and curing time .
You could get all these details form web site of Amiantit ( AFIL) ,Future pipe .
Regards,
S.Muthukrishnan

Chaitanya Purohit

Mar 5, 2013, 6:56:00 AM3/5/13
to Material Welding
Refer to ISO 14692 - 4 which provide details of installation and testing.
Generally Hydro-test is the only test will provide the validation.
There are other quality control requirement are mentioned in ISO to achieve final results (successful Hydro).
Be careful...requirement are too detailed and I am not sure abut the context in which this question has been raised.

MM

Mar 9, 2013, 9:35:37 AM3/9/13
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear Mr.Pradip,

The existing and widely used GRP code is ISO 14692 Part 1 to 4 where it states fully about pre qualifications to testing’s and dispatch.

And GRE/ GRP / GRV are being welcomed by many big oil companies nowadays…

Cheers

MM

RTR

Apr 24, 2017, 3:08:48 AM4/24/17
to Materials & Welding
Dear Nandesh Kumar,

After drying of the laminated joint we can check the Barcol Test with a Hardness tester .Acceptable hardness value varies with pressure rating of pipe and  mentioned in pipe supplier's manual (normally 35 bph)

 .They also specify the widht of lamination ,number of layers of fiber mat to be used and curing time.

Prakash Gotimukul

Apr 24, 2017, 3:34:53 AM4/24/17
to materials-welding
This is a public forum and any message is for benefit of all and information for all.
No message can be made addressed to an individual by Name.
You can address it as Dear Expert or just say
My reply to the subject.............
Or In my opinion it should be ......................

Please maintain discipline to run this forum in a professional manner.

Rgds
Prakash Gotimukul
AIS, Consultant ASME/ISO/PED/IBR

--
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.