PQR WPQ certified

Shaunak Upadhyay

Feb 18, 2016, 6:56:42 AM2/18/16
to Materials & Welding
Dear All,

Please clarify below points, if have reference standard also write in your reply.

1. PQR in ASME - Certified by Manufacturer
Who can certified PQR? QC manager or welding engineer?
In my company no have welding manager. So who can certify PQR.

2. WPQ in ASME - Certified by Manufacture
Who can certified?
Same question as above.

3. WPS in ASME -
WPS require approved by QC Manager or welding engineer can approve this ?

Please reply your valuable answer and if have specific ASME clause number let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shaunak.
shanup...@gmail.com

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Feb 18, 2016, 7:05:36 AM2/18/16
to materials-welding
MANUFACTURER HAS TO CERTIFY AND APPROVE, WITHIN COMPANY , PERSON MAY BE FROM QUALITY, PRODUCTION OR WELDING.

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, IWE,  AWS-CWI, CSWIP 3.1,
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY

santo...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2016, 7:17:55 AM2/18/16
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr Shaunak
Generally Welding Engineer is preparing the above procedure and QCM will approve the same

But as per your mail you are ASME certified company ,so please refer your company's ASME Quality Manual which is approved by ASME Authorised Inspector.

Thanks and Regards
Santosh Gaikwad

Sent from my iPhone