PWHT

Maulik Thakkar

Mar 1, 2016, 4:29:04 AM3/1/16
to Materials & Welding

Dear all,
I have two queries:
MOC: P8Gr1(SS347 internal)
PWHT on job with LAS is at 705+/-10 degree C for 10 hrs.
Available PQR: 700 degree C for 8 hrs.
Can I support same PQR for welding of SS347 internal which will undergo PWHT at 705+/- 10 degree C along with LAS???

Impact: not applicable for SS.

Second query:
Interpretation of QW407.1 (b).

Regards,
Maulik

sandeep vaghela

Mar 1, 2016, 7:03:27 AM3/1/16
to material...@googlegroups.com

We consider 80% aggregate time and temp.
As per qw-407.2 of qualify procedure.

Kannayeram Gnanapandithan

Mar 1, 2016, 7:03:45 AM3/1/16
to materials-welding
what is grade of LAS?, u can if it is P22

THANKS & BEST REGARDS,
KG.PANDITHAN, IWE,  AWS-CWI, CSWIP 3.1,
CONSULTANT-WELDING & QUALITY

Mohd Siraj

Mar 1, 2016, 7:46:16 AM3/1/16
to Materials & Welding
QW-407.2 according to which the PWHT time of PQR shall be at least 80% of the production welding time.

10Hr 80% is 8hr.hence it is accepted.

Maulik Thakkar

Mar 1, 2016, 8:15:55 AM3/1/16
to Materials & Welding

Dear sir,
Yes as per as time is concern PQR is accepted. Anyway 407.2 will be non essential variable for SS as impact is not require.

But same PQR had PWHT at 700 degree C. Heat treatment chart does not showing any range so only single value is available in PQR. Now as per 407.1 b specific temperature range is essential variable in case of P8. In same situation can I support PQR of 700 degree C for execution of production weld which will be PWHT at 705+/-10 degree C?

Regards,
Maulik
Welding engg.