WPS of HOT TAPPING

asghar...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2019, 2:55:07 AM12/4/19
to Materials & Welding
Dear All.

If we want to qualify a WPS for hot tapping on pipeline, we shall apply Appendix B of API1104.
But for hot tapping of piping section for qualification of WPS, which code have to be applied, with regard to ASME IX doesn't mention to in service welding?

Regards

Noufal Mc

Dec 4, 2019, 10:39:31 PM12/4/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friend,

please refer article 10, section 4.1.1 in ASME PCC-2 Ed:2015.

Regards

NOUFAL MC

--
https://materials-welding.blogspot.com/
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/122787

pradip kumar Sil

Dec 4, 2019, 10:39:31 PM12/4/19
to materials-welding
Applicable code API 1104 Appendix B

Ali Asghari

Dec 4, 2019, 10:39:31 PM12/4/19
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear All.

I have found the answer of my question.
ASME PCC2 explain and say about in service welding that would be used for hot tapping.

Regards.