Lap joint

JERRY TUAN

May 26, 2015, 12:49:52 AM5/26/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts and seniors. If groove weld can cover for fillet weld, AWS D1.1 , can it cover for lap joint? Cause I read some where else in AWS D 1.1 that lap joint weld can be consider as fillet weld. Thanks all

alireza samimi

May 26, 2015, 1:27:53 AM5/26/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jerry,
You should consider Definition of joint and weld is different.
We can make lap joint with fillet weld
There is some standards just for definition

Best Regards,
Alireza Samimi Mottaghi
International welding engineer-Senior Welding inspector-Lecturer of IWE
+61-411509219
Australia-Newcastle

HAMID HAMIDI

May 26, 2015, 3:17:12 AM5/26/15
to material...@googlegroups.com
no problem, see aws d1.1 table 4.1 page 130. for more information see  pre qualify wps .

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:19 AM, JERRY TUAN <jerr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear experts and seniors.  If groove weld can cover for fillet weld, AWS D1.1 , can it cover for lap joint? Cause I read some where else in AWS D 1.1 that lap joint weld can be consider as fillet weld. Thanks all

JERRY TUAN

May 27, 2015, 1:44:28 AM5/27/15
to material...@googlegroups.com, hamid...@yahoo.com

thanks very much , i'll find it.

Vào 14:17:12 UTC+7 Thứ Ba, ngày 26 tháng 5 năm 2015, HAMID HAMIDI đã viết: