can we use a wps which is qualified under asme b31.3 for 31.1 piping

anil kumar

Mar 22, 2017, 10:37:18 PM3/22/17
to Materials & Welding
I have a wps qualified under 31.3, now we need to some piping fabrication which come under 31.1. my question is can we use same wps for 31.1

Shashank Vagal

Mar 22, 2017, 11:17:48 PM3/22/17
to material...@googlegroups.com
Do these both Codes not refer to the same Code, Sec IX for this purpose?

Best Regards,
Shashank C Vagal  (Quality Adviser), (+91) 8082395502, 8779046302, 74000330711
Neo Metal-Analyst & NDT Services (Approved by IBR, Thermax, AERB)
Regd Office: 301, PRATHAMESH, M G Rd – Mahant Rd, Vile Parle East, Mumbai 400 057 INDIA
Tel: +91 22 2611 6640(+91) 9821386292 / 9819191861
Works Office: A-25, Geet Siddhee, Sector No. 11, Pradhikaran, Gat No. 62, Boradewasti, Moshi, Dist: Haveli, PCMC, Pune – 411044, Maharashtra, India
www.neometalanalystndt.com / enq...@neometalanalystndt.com / nach...@yahoo.com

Mar 22, 2017, 11:39:48 PM3/22/17
to material...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,

B31.1 & B31.3 are the construction codes for the particular piping . WPS , WPQR and Welder qualifications are based on AWS D1.1, ASME sec IX and API 1104. You have to refer the Project QAP and Approved Procedures by the Owner.

Thanking You.

With Warm Regards,

Muthu Barathi P.
Mobile : +918469593553.

Sent from RediffmailNG on Android

--

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/MaterialsWelding-122787?home=&gid=122787&trk=anet_ug_hm
The views expressed/exchnaged in this group are members personel views and meant for educational purposes only, Users must take their own decisions w.r.t. applicable code/standard/contract documents.

Mhaskar Aly

gprak...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2017, 7:51:22 AM3/23/17
to Mhaskar Aly
‎Provided it is made to section IX requirements of PQR

Rgds
 Prakash. G.
Consultant. ASME/ISO/PED
Mar 24, 2017, 12:31:38 AM3/24/17
to material...@googlegroups.com
31.3 includes some particular requirements although the basis is Asme IX.
31.1 includes also some particular requirements regarding preheat, interruption of welding and pwht.
So careful study of 31.1 and ASME IX is a must

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

claire roberston

Mar 24, 2017, 12:31:41 AM3/24/17
to Materials & Welding
They should both come under ASME IX. I would double check the contract and if it doesn't stipulate a separate WPS and there is no change in variables your good to go.

Dinesh Somwanshi

Mar 24, 2017, 7:12:56 AM3/24/17
to material...@googlegroups.com

Dear

Qualifications as per ASME9?

Thanking You,

With Regards..
Dinesh V Somwanshi
Api 570, Cswip 3.1,Bgas 2
Authorised Certified Piping, Welding, Painting Inspector.
00919881344135