RE: Native Compilation and Cloudsmith Repos...

Mala Dies

Feb 24, 2021, 8:36:28 PM2/24/21
to Machinekit
Hello,

I have been trying to install machinekit-hal and emcapplication. I got some pointers here and there...

The issue is that emcapplication does not work in my eyes yet.

I have been unable to install it, compile it, and/or compile plus install it from Cloudsmith repositories.

So, machinekit-hal is done. I can run halcmd and halrun. This is not an issue.

Does emcapplication work yet or still? I am in the middle of a build right now.

I am installing the python2 libs. right now to handle the emcapplication dependencies.

Also, I have quickly gotten the Cloudsmith repo. items for machinekit-hal and emcapplication if this will help. I can easily install the .deb packages w/:

    sudo apt install ./*.deb.

But...

Will it work? Have you seen anything online about it working? I started an issue or error source for the emcapplication online on the github.com repo. but deleted it (as I am too way unfamiliar with this process so far).

If you have any pointers for this: linuxcnc-build-deps_2.9.0~pre0.23585.git42bf973af~buster_all.deb

Please let me know. It seems I keep getting this repo. .deb and it is not allowing me, the machine/internet/machinekit compilation, to access the updated version of machinekit-hal that is current.

Also:

Adding a new item to changelog:
linuxcnc (2.9.0~pre0.23585.git42bf973af~buster) Buster; urgency=low

  * Machinekit EMCApplication is build from LinuxCNC code, but is not part of
    LinuxCNC and as such the lower entries are NOT accurate
  * Commit: 42bf973af68d1ee4f18a3c43af15d49c0ea4bf54
  * Merge pull request #7 from cerna/merge-21-october-2020
  * Build as an 23585th rebuild for Debian Buster armhf

 -- xxxx xxxxxxx <xx...@xxxxxxx.com>  Thu, 25 Feb 2021 01:04:49 +0000
New package version number added to changelog
successfully configured for 'ext-hal-Debian-10'-'machinekit-hal'..

The above pops up when I have a 'valid' install of this command:

debian/configure machinekit-hal=${WANTED_VERSION_OF_MACHINEKIT_HAL_PACKAGES} no-docs

Then, when I apply the next command for the compilation, I receive a bunch of issues/errors.

This one:

mk-build-deps  \  --install  \  --remove  \  --root-cmd sudo  \ --tool  \  'apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud -o APT::Get::Assume-Yes=1 -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=0 -o APT::Install-Recommends=0'  \  debian/control

Seth

P.S. I will report the errors soon. I will run the source again once compiled (if I can get it compiled) and then return service. Also, I started a small set up of instructions here:

Mala Dies

Feb 26, 2021, 6:54:23 PM2/26/21
to Machinekit
Hello,

I few, quick references here...

Would it be easier to make emcapplication once LinuxCNC is installed?

Oh and...

Is there a cure all outside of building the binaries from scratch?

Seth

ce...@tuta.io

Feb 27, 2021, 7:08:44 PM2/27/21
to Mala Dies, Machinekit
OK,

let's get the high ground overview and get the EMCApplication installed first on AMD64 system. Only after this is done and working, we will attack these other issues.

I will use a Docker container, as it is easy to spin up and clean after, but feel free to try it on a normal install (Debian) too:

First start Docker container with passed X11 socket and DISPLAY environment and DBUS socket for announcement:

docker run -it --rm -e DISPLAY=${DISPLAY} -v /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket:/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix -v /dev/dri:/dev/dri debian:buster bash -i

In it prepare basic setup and test it with firefox:

apt-get update
apt-get -y upgrade
apt-get install -y sudo
echo "ALL ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" >> /etc/sudoers
adduser mk
sudo apt-get install -y firefox-esr

test with 'firefox' and you should see a firefox window appear of application running in Docker. Then install the prerequisites for Machinekit-HAL and EMCApplication:

sudo apt-get install -y curl
curl -1sLf \
  'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/machinekit/machinekit/cfg/setup/bash.deb.sh' \
  | sudo -E bash
curl -1sLf \
  'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/machinekit/machinekit-hal/cfg/setup/bash.deb.sh' \
  | sudo -E bash
curl -1sLf \
  'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/machinekit/emcapplication/cfg/setup/bash.deb.sh' \
  | sudo -E bash

Now we need to install that special solver we were talking about as standard Debian APT cannot solve the dependencies:

sudo apt-get install -y apt-cudf

and install EMCApplication:

sudo apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud -o APT::Get::Assume-Yes=1 -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=0 -o APT::Install-Recommends=0 install emcapplication

and then run:

linuxcnc

You then should be able to see a configuration selection window, select AXIS sim and run. You should see a basic simulation.

Please confirm you can get it running.

Cern.

Feb 27, 2021, 00:54 by fun...@gmail.com:

> [...]
>> New package version number added to changelog
>> successfully configured for 'ext-hal-Debian-10'-'machinekit-hal'..
>>
>> The above pops up when I have a 'valid' install of this command:
>>
>> debian/configure machinekit-hal=${WANTED_VERSION_OF_MACHINEKIT_HAL_PACKAGES} no-docs
>>
>> Then, when I apply the next command for the compilation, I receive a bunch of issues/errors.
>>
>> This one:
>>
>> mk-build-deps  \  --install  \  --remove  \  --root-cmd sudo  \ --tool  \  'apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud -o APT::Get::Assume-Yes=1 -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=0 -o APT::Install-Recommends=0'  \  debian/control
>>
>> Seth
>>
>> P.S. I will report the errors soon. I will run the source again once compiled (if I can get it compiled) and then return service. Also, I started a small set up of instructions here:

ce...@tuta.io

Feb 27, 2021, 7:15:05 PM2/27/21
to Cern, Mala Dies, Machinekit
Feb 28, 2021, 01:08 by machi...@googlegroups.com:
> sudo apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud -o APT::Get::Assume-Yes=1 -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=0 -o APT::Install-Recommends=0 install emcapplication

Even simple:

sudo apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud install emcapplication
should be enough.

Cern.

> [...]
>>> New package version number added to changelog
>>> successfully configured for 'ext-hal-Debian-10'-'machinekit-hal'..
>>>
>>> The above pops up when I have a 'valid' install of this command:
>>>
>>> debian/configure machinekit-hal=${WANTED_VERSION_OF_MACHINEKIT_HAL_PACKAGES} no-docs
>>>
>>> Then, when I apply the next command for the compilation, I receive a bunch of issues/errors.
>>>
>>> This one:
>>>
>>> mk-build-deps  \  --install  \  --remove  \  --root-cmd sudo  \ --tool  \  'apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud -o APT::Get::Assume-Yes=1 -o Debug::pkgProblemResolver=0 -o APT::Install-Recommends=0'  \  debian/control
>>>
>>> Seth
>>>
>>> P.S. I will report the errors soon. I will run the source again once compiled (if I can get it compiled) and then return service. Also, I started a small set up of instructions here:

ce...@tuta.io

Feb 27, 2021, 8:06:59 PM2/27/21
to Cern, Mala Dies, Machinekit
Feb 28, 2021, 01:15 by machi...@googlegroups.com:

> Feb 28, 2021, 01:08 by machi...@googlegroups.com:
>
>> OK,
>>
>> let's get the high ground overview and get the EMCApplication installed first on AMD64 system. Only after this is done and working, we will attack these other issues.
>>
>> I will use a Docker container, as it is easy to spin up and clean after, but feel free to try it on a normal install (Debian) too:
>>
>> First start Docker container with passed X11 socket and DISPLAY environment and DBUS socket for announcement:
>>
>> docker run -it --rm -e DISPLAY=${DISPLAY} -v /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket:/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix -v /dev/dri:/dev/dri debian:buster bash -i
>>
>> In it prepare basic setup and test it with firefox:
>>
>> apt-get update
>> apt-get -y upgrade
>> apt-get install -y sudo
>> echo "ALL ALL = (ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" >> /etc/sudoers
>> adduser mk
>> sudo apt-get install -y firefox-esr
>>
>> test with 'firefox' and you should see a firefox window appear of application running in

And, of course, I forgot to mention you need to switch to that non-root user (otherwise you cannot connect to the DISPLAY):

su mk
firefox

and the rest of commands
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I few, quick references here...
>>>
>>> Would it be easier to make emcapplication once LinuxCNC is installed?
>>>
>>> Oh and...
>>>
>>> Is there a cure all outside of building the binaries from scratch?
>>>
>>> Seth

>>> --
>>> website: > http://www.machinekit.io> blog: > http://blog.machinekit.io> github: > https://github.com/machinekit
>>> ---
>>>

>> --
>> website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: https://github.com/machinekit
>> ---

> website: http://www.machinekit.io blog: http://blog.machinekit.io github: https://github.com/machinekit
> ---

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mala Dies

Mar 4, 2021, 11:54:00 PM3/4/21
to Machinekit
Hello,

journalctl -xe:

Mar 04 22:13:41 beaglebone rtapi:0[5253]: unload: '' not loaded
Mar 04 22:13:41 beaglebone rtapi:0[5253]: unload: '' not loaded
Mar 04 22:13:41 beaglebone msgd:0[5248]: rtapi_app exit detected - scheduled shutdown
Mar 04 22:13:43 beaglebone msgd:0[5248]: msgd shutting down
Mar 04 22:13:53 beaglebone dnsmasq-dhcp[1479]: DHCPREQUEST(usb0) 192.168.34.34 68:9e:19:8f:5f:27
Mar 04 22:13:53 beaglebone dnsmasq-dhcp[1479]: DHCPACK(usb0) 192.168.34.34 68:9e:19:8f:5f:27 AltTiger
Mar 04 22:14:45 beaglebone rtapi:0[5625]: 1:rtapi_app:5625:user load(sim_home_switch): sim_home_switch.so: cannot open shar
Mar 04 22:14:45 beaglebone msgd:0[5620]: hal_lib:5644:user get_elf_section(/usr/lib/machinekit/modules/sim_home_switch.so,
Mar 04 22:14:45 beaglebone rtapi:0[5625]: do_load_cmd: sim_home_switch.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
Mar 04 22:14:45 beaglebone rtapi:0[5625]: 1:rtapi_app:5625:user do_load_cmd: sim_home_switch.so: cannot open shared object
Mar 04 22:14:52 beaglebone rtapi:0[5625]: unload: '' not loaded
Mar 04 22:14:52 beaglebone rtapi:0[5625]: unload: '' not loaded
Mar 04 22:14:52 beaglebone rtapi:0[5625]: unload: '' not loaded
Mar 04 22:14:52 beaglebone rtapi:0[5625]: unload: '' not loaded
Mar 04 22:14:52 beaglebone rtapi:0[5625]: unload: '' not loaded
Mar 04 22:14:52 beaglebone rtapi:0[5625]: unload: '' not loaded
Mar 04 22:14:53 beaglebone msgd:0[5620]: rtapi_app exit detected - scheduled shutdown
Mar 04 22:14:55 beaglebone msgd:0[5620]: msgd shutting down

dmesg:

timer_probe: no matching timers found

l4_wkup_cm:clk:0010:0: failed to disable

OF: graph: no port node found in /ocp/lcdc@4830e000
OF: graph: no port node found in /ocp/lcdc@4830e000
OF: graph: no port node found in /ocp/lcdc@4830e000

omap_voltage_late_init: Voltage driver support not added

Those are my short logs where I found some issues w/ these items:

  • BeagleBone Green
  • 5" Seeed LCD Cape
  • LinuxCNC/EMCApplication/Axis
So, when I run the command, linuxcnc, everything is in order. The GUI comes up, the options are there on my LCD panel, and only when I double click on axis does this error happen.

The error points to a specific error code on my LCD Panel. It is a 5" LCD and the file that pops up will not allow me to save it. If this is a BBG issue, okay, I will stay w/ this thread for a while.

If it is a linuxcnc/EMCApplication issue, I will go the other way and revisit machinekit on the google groups and their chat(s).

Seth

P.S. Send rations!

Mala Dies

Mar 5, 2021, 2:28:40 PM3/5/21
to Machinekit
Hello,

Also, here is the stderr I received w/ ./axis 2> file.txt

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./axis", line 86, in <module>
    import hal
  File "/home/debian/MachineKitOne/emcapplication/lib/python/hal.py", line 30, in <module>
    import _hal
ImportError: No module named _hal

I am not sure what can remedy this issue so far.

Seth