Boncode working and not working

Pierre Larde

Oct 4, 2016, 7:21:28 AM10/4/16
to Lucee
I have installed the Boncode,
using Lucee V4.5

When I declare a site in IIS7 , doing the liaison,
sometime it works well,
I can access the site running on Lucee, (nothing to do more, all is automated)

and sometime, it does not work, I get the Lucee presentation page (instead of the site page)

What could be the reason ?
Why this is not reliable ?

Then to make it work, I have to add these lines in the server.xml file :
<Host name="atelierjfbois.fr" appBase="">
   <Context path="" docBase="D:\SitesPlarts\C016\www" />
   <Alias>www.atelierjfbois.fr</Alias>
</Host>
And stop/start the Lucee service on window.

Also, I cannot see the other declared sites on IIS7 in the server.xml file
Where is stored the declaration in Tomcat ?

Thanks to any information, on this,
Pierre.

Jordan Michaels

Oct 4, 2016, 2:17:12 PM10/4/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Pierre,

More than likely you're creating the context in Tomcat before you create the proper definition in IIS. This can happen if you try to visit a site before you've created it's definition in IIS. Automatically generated contexts exist in-memory, so no changes are made to your config file directly. So, if this happens to you again, simply restart Tomcat (which clears out the in-memory contexts), and now that the proper definition exists in IIS, that's what BonCode will pass to the mod_cfml valve, and your context will be created with the proper information this time.

Hope this helps.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Pierre Larde

Oct 5, 2016, 6:30:10 AM10/5/16
to Lucee
OK, sounds good,
then, I have deleted the lines like :
<Host name="atelierjfbois.fr" appBase="">
   <Context path="" docBase="D:\SitesPlarts\C016\www" />
   <Alias>www.atelierjfbois.fr</Alias>
</Host>
in the server.xml file, (Tomcat Config)
as far as sites are declared in IIS7,

All sites work after a restart of Tomcat/Lucee

Then, the process order is :
Make all liaisons Under IIS7 first,
nothing to do in the file server.xml,
and restart Tomcat/Lucee

Is there a way to avoid the restart of Tomcat/Lucee  ??
(all sites are down at that time)

Thanks a lot for information and advise,
Pierre.

Jordan Michaels

Oct 5, 2016, 3:28:31 PM10/5/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pierre,

You only need to restart Lucee if a *BAD* context is created - the restart clears out the bad context from memory. Normally, if you create the site in IIS before you hit it, it will be created automatically without issues - and without the need to restart.

Hope this helps!

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

Oct 5, 2016, 3:38:59 PM10/5/16
to Lucee
Excellent information,
I will be carefull at next declaration,
I am migrating sites from CF to Lucee, then Domain names are changing of DNS (IP) ,
then they can start on the Lucee server.

So , I prepare the declaration on Lucee server (on IIS7) and wait until
new DNS is operationnal.

Thanks, Pierre.