BonCodeAJP Connector - Generic Connector Communication Error

Marc Ackermann

Dec 15, 2015, 11:10:41 AM12/15/15
to Lucee

Hi,

I just installed Lucee on a server and run into this strange problem:

- Installation went fine
- IIS is running
- Tomcat is running, Lucee is running
- I can access the new application direct on the server with the browser via the url www.mydomain.com

Now when I try to open the application from a remote computer I get this error message:

Generic Connector Communication Error
Please check and adjust your setup:
Ensure that Tomcat is running on given host and port.
If this is a timeout error consider adjusting IIS timeout by changing executionTimeout attribute in web.config (see manual).

The boncode log has this entry:

TCP Client level -- Server/Port:localhost/8009
Value cannot be null
Parameter name: buffer

BonCodeAJP Connector Version 1.0.25
Windows Server 2003 with .net 3.5.1

I changed all kind of settings in the boncode and the tomcat configuration with no success.
Did someone else run into this problem before and know how to fix it?

Jordan Michaels

Dec 15, 2015, 2:36:10 PM12/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Can you talk about your server setup a bit more? Is the server something local (like a box sitting at your feet), or is it something behind a firewall or in some kind of cloud environment?

The path that a local browser takes should be nearly identical to the path that a remote browser would take, so it seems reasonable that if your request works locally, then whatever the problem is is outside the local server environment.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

I just installed Lucee on a server and run into this strange problem:

- Installation went fine
- IIS is running
- Tomcat is running, Lucee is running
- I can access the new application direct on the server with the browser
via the url www.mydomain.com

Now when I try to open the application from a remote computer I get this
error message:

*Generic Connector Communication ErrorPlease check and adjust your
setup:Ensure that Tomcat is running on given host and port.If this is a
timeout error consider adjusting IIS timeout by changing executionTimeout
attribute in web.config (see manual).*

The boncode log has this entry:

*TCP Client level -- Server/Port:localhost/8009Value cannot be
nullParameter name: buffer*
BonCodeAJP Connector Version 1.0.25
Windows Server 2003 with .net 3.5.1

I changed all kind of settings in the boncode and the tomcat configuration
with no success.
Did someone else run into this problem before and know how to fix it?

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Marc Ackermann

Dec 15, 2015, 5:20:49 PM12/15/15
to Lucee
This is a virtual machine.
We can open html pages from that server with the browser on the network computer. Just .cfm pages return that error. So I don't think that the problem is caused by the firewall. I also deactivated the windows firewall but no positiv effect.
Why is opening with local browser fine and remote return that Boncode error? I really don't get it.
I made serveral ColdFusion, Railo and Lucee installations in the past but never run into such a strange problem.

Jordan Michaels

Dec 15, 2015, 6:05:00 PM12/15/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, makes no sense. The only thing I can think of is that something about hitting the site from the outside environment is effecting the path that the request takes in some way. So, the request is sent normally when it's sent locally, but when it gets sent remotely something about the request changes so that it gets routed differently.

Was this a fresh install? Did you install over anything else or along-side anything else?

Turning on the BonCode Connector's detailed logging may also yield more clues about what might be happening...
> email to lucee+un...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/8bdc0ca3-75e0-48bd-9dfc-d72c2c6f32b2%40googlegroups.com.

Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
Message has been deleted

Marc Ackermann

Dec 16, 2015, 9:27:27 AM12/16/15
to Lucee
Ok, problem solved. I can access the application from the remote computer via the server ip. So this is a problem with the domain setup or a firewall in the customer company network. They have to fix that. Definitely no problem in BonCode, Tomcat, Lucee, IIS or our application.