Tomcat Logging

Scott Smith

Aug 25, 2015, 3:06:03 PM8/25/15
to lucee
I am wondering if the majority are using the out of the box logging or swapping with something different like log4j.

In addition, does anyone have a good recommended configuration for handling rolling files and then zipping/purging them when the directory reaches a certain size. A former coworker implemented something to this effect, I believe leveraging either or both log4j and logback, but I was hoping to find something a little less intrusive to the base tomcat install that could achieve similar results.

Jordan Michaels

Aug 25, 2015, 3:57:03 PM8/25/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
I wrote documentation on how to implement log4j log rotation for Tomcat on Windows here:

https://github.com/getrailo/railo/wiki/Installation-installerdocumentation-mslog4jrotation

It's slightly dated, in that it was written for Railo, but all the logging options should be nearly identical if they are different at all.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels
--
See Lucee at CFCamp Oct 22 & 23 2015 @ Munich Airport, Germany - Get your ticket NOW - http://www.cfcamp.org/

Mark Drew

Aug 26, 2015, 4:21:24 AM8/26/15
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Could someone copy this to the new wiki/repo? The getrailo GitHub might not last forever.

Mark Drew
- Sent by typing with my thumbs.