adding sub-sites on Windows 2012 R2 w/ IIS

Alan Contino

Apr 11, 2016, 1:00:20 PM4/11/16
to Lucee
I have Mura installed and running on Windows 2012 R2 server with Railo/Tomcat.

The default install/setup was pretty simple but now I'm trying to add sites and it isn't working.

Each new site I add in Mura defaults to the Railo Welcome page (index.cfm).   I have IIS pointing the URL to the appropriate site folder in Mura and it still resolves to Railo index.cfm - not the Mura index.cfm.

What am I missing?

Andrew Dixon

Apr 11, 2016, 2:58:47 PM4/11/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Firstly, upgrade to Lucee ;-)

Secondly, you need to point all Mura sites to the root folder of the Mura Instance and Mura takes care of it from there, you don't point them at the site folder inside the Mura instance.

Kind regards,

Andrew

--
Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Alan Contino

Apr 11, 2016, 4:11:07 PM4/11/16
to Lucee
Yep - IIS is pointing to the Root folder of the Mura instance - index.cfm still results in the Railo welcome page, not the sub-site in Mura.

Is Lucee just an upgrade? Isn't it a full install?  Or just it just take over for Railo/Tomcat?

Andrew Dixon

Apr 11, 2016, 4:13:44 PM4/11/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

With regards to the Lucee upgrade, it is basically as simple as replacing the railo.jar with the lucee.jar, but see the following for full details:

With regards to Mura, are you sure all Mura sites are pointing at the root of the Mura instance?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Alan Contino

Apr 11, 2016, 4:21:05 PM4/11/16
to Lucee
yes, absolutely - IIS settings have the domain going to the root folder.

It works for the parent site deliriumnetwork.net where Mura is installed - the sub-site add in Mura is detroitliteracy.org.

IIS has both deliriumnetworks.net and detroitliteracy.org  pointing to   wwwroot/deliriumnetworks.net/

Jordan Michaels

Apr 11, 2016, 4:41:17 PM4/11/16
to lu...@googlegroups.com
If you're getting the welcome page, then Tomcat doesn't know how to resolve the domain. Are you using mod_cfml, or are you setting up your own contexts in Tomcat?

Also, I agree with Andrew - you should upgrade to Lucee. The newest Lucee installers have the latest version of mod_cfml, which would have handled this all automatically for you.

--
Kind regards,
Jordan Michaels

On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 4:13:44 PM UTC-4, Andrew Dixon wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> With regards to the Lucee upgrade, it is basically as simple as replacing
> the railo.jar with the lucee.jar, but see the following for full details:
>
> http://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/migrate-from-railo.html
>
> With regards to Mura, are you sure all Mura sites are pointing at the root
> of the Mura instance?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Andrew
> about.me <http://about.me/andrew_dixon> - mso <http://www.mso.net> - Lucee
> Association Member <http://lucee.org>
>
> On 11 April 2016 at 21:00, Alan Contino <alanc...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
>> Yep - IIS is pointing to the Root folder of the Mura instance - index.cfm
>> still results in the Railo welcome page, not the sub-site in Mura.
>>
>> Is Lucee just an upgrade? Isn't it a full install? Or just it just take
>> over for Railo/Tomcat?
>>

>> On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 2:58:47 PM UTC-4, Andrew Dixon wrote:
>>>
>>> Firstly, upgrade to Lucee ;-)
>>>
>>> Secondly, you need to point all Mura sites to the root folder of the
>>> Mura Instance and Mura takes care of it from there, you don't point them at
>>> the site folder inside the Mura instance.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>> about.me <http://about.me/andrew_dixon> - mso <http://www.mso.net> - Lucee
>>> Association Member <http://lucee.org>

>>> --
>> Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
>> http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html
>> ---
>> .
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/429ff9c4-16ac-49e2-a4ff-9b50f035e1c6%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/429ff9c4-16ac-49e2-a4ff-9b50f035e1c6%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

Alan Contino

Apr 12, 2016, 5:44:40 PM4/12/16
to Lucee
Okay - so I already had the  Alias setup in the server.xml file, however, the directory path was set to the default local host -  /wwwroot/

I changed the doc base path to the parent site directory from wwwroot/  to  wwwroot/deliriumnetworks.net/   And this seem to fix it.

When Railo/Tomcat is installed, the default settings in server.xml have the doc base set as the root.   This configuration note should be added to the documentation.

If I upgrade to Lucee, will the mod_cfml negate any changes needed in the server.xml file??