Internal error : 9845621

Mick Price

Jun 23, 2020, 8:14:56 AM6/23/20
to Linrad
Hello all,

I have been trying to calibrate a new instance to use the noise blanker and get the 'internal error : 9845621, Could not find info no 9845621, Error [9845621] No info available in errors.lir" when pressing U after it has rx a number of pulses.

Could someone point me in the right direction please. I have tried to google the error and search the group and could not find a result.

73
Mick
VK2CMP

Leif Asbrink

Jun 26, 2020, 8:09:15 AM6/26/20
to lin...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mick.

something is wrong with the shape you have asked for.
I wrote the code almost 20 years ago and I do not remember
any details.

Please try once more, but this time save the last screen
before the error by pressing G. The save directory must
exist:

C:\linrad_data (Windows)
/home/linrad_data (Linux)

Then send the .gif image.

73

Leif
> --
> There is an excellent Linrad User Guide by Gaetan, ON4KHG, at:
> http://w3sz.com/Linrad%20Installation%20&%20Configuration%20User%20Guide%20-%20V1-0.pdf
> ---

Mick Price

Jun 27, 2020, 8:53:03 PM6/27/20
to Linrad
Hello Leif,

thank you for the info. That does sound right as I was not happy with the pulses. I used a pulse generator with external sync to a function generator and have used before but never wrote down the settings from a year or so ago..
I am going to get a new fast PC and put Windows 10 (now on Win7) on it and use the existing to change over to Linux to learn more about linux and will run your program on that using the linux version. So will setup again in a few weeks time hopefully. It really is a testament to Linrad capability that you wrote it 20 years ago and it is still such a powerful piece of software.
Q. Is Ubuntu a good choice to use?
thanks

73
Mick

mickop...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2021, 1:55:48 AM1/10/21
to Linrad

It seems I had the wrong level. On adjusting the Output level of the signal generator the shape on the calibration routine was sorted and noise blanker calibrated well. Thought others might find this useful. Should have thought about the level as well as the pulse/ shape settings - logical in hindsight ;-).  Made a huge difference to my decoding performance having Linrad back in circuit.  Thanks again Leif.