Help needed quite urgently: DriveboradApp 17.04 beta: error 400 bad request

Mathieu Dupont de Dinechin

Nov 9, 2019, 1:09:56 PM11/9/19
to lasersaur
Hello all,
We are experiencing a strange error we have no idea how to solve. Of course this happens during an event (Museomix) where a lot of people are waiting for us to cut a lot of things...

We have the 17.04 beta, used it for long without issues. We have some custom changes on our firmware as we never managed to fire the laser correctly with the original one, and it's for that we didn't update anything for some time as it was working up to now.
Yesterday everything was fine, we moved the laser to another place for the event and no way to fire the laser. The only change is that it is not the same router, and it's not connected to the internet. But the problem is not frome there as when we connect via USB (this way https://learn.adafruit.com/ssh-to-beaglebone-black-over-usb/browsing-your-beaglebone) the problem is the same:
  • the server connects without any probem
  • we can move the laser, the opened door is detected, homing works
  • but wen we open a file we get the following error, whatever the file (even with previously working files):
No such file.
{"readyState":4,"responseText":"\n \n \n \n \n \n \n \n

Error: 400 Bad Request

\n

Sorry, the requested URL 'http://192.168.7.2/get/2Cible_mirroirlasersaur'\n caused an error:

\n
No such file.
\n \n \n","status":400,"statusText":"Bad Request"}
/get error.
Parsed 2Cible_mirroirlasersaur.
parsing 2Cible_mirroirlasersaur ...
Server says HELLO!

  • if we open a dba in the library it opens but when we send the job it says "no such file"
  • If we ssh to the BBB, there is no error message at all, it justa says it parsed the file, wrote the file and deleted the file
I think I may have had this error once in a while before and solved it by restarting the lasersaur, but I'm not 100% sure it was the same

We are realy in a big trouble as we realy need it to be solved quickly (if it is possible) so please if anyone has an idea, we would be very thankfull

jet townsend

Nov 9, 2019, 2:29:23 PM11/9/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
On 11/9/2019 1:09 PM, Mathieu Dupont de Dinechin wrote:
> Hello all,
> We are experiencing a strange error we have no idea how to solve. Of
> course this happens during an event (Museomix) where a lot of people are
> waiting for us to cut a lot of things...

Hi,

I don't think I've ever seen that error on mine. Rebooting is free and
worth a try.

So you can ssh to root@lasersaur and log in?

--
Jet Townsend, IDSA
design <http://www.allartburns.org>

Derek Seabury

Nov 9, 2019, 2:35:29 PM11/9/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
I would also hard refresh the page in your browser and double check the IP address on the request is correct.
Something is weird there but really hard to nail down what just from that error. Would probably need to look through some logs or debug output.

Mathieu Dupont de Dinechin

Nov 9, 2019, 3:22:52 PM11/9/19
to lasersaur
Thank you for your answers. We tried rebooting several time, refresh too, on different computers.
Ssh is working, even the driveboard app is working, we can even move and home, just opening the file that isvimpossible. I searched for recent logs through sssh but didn't found anything recent. Any clue where to get some better logs? What is strange is that the error is the same through Ethernet or through usb

Derek Seabury

Nov 9, 2019, 4:33:03 PM11/9/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
Sorry my saur is mothballed at the moment so I can only guess...
Other possibilities might be the disk being full or corrupt.  I'm confused how you can not have the most recent logs as well.
You might see some info if you stopped and started the software from the ssh command line.

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019, 3:22 PM Mathieu Dupont de Dinechin <virala...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for your answers. We tried rebooting several time, refresh too, on different computers.
Ssh is working, even the driveboard app is working, we can even move and home,  just opening the file that isvimpossible. I searched for recent logs through sssh but didn't found anything recent. Any clue where to get some better logs? What is strange is that the error is the same through Ethernet or through usb

jet townsend

Nov 9, 2019, 4:43:27 PM11/9/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
On 11/9/2019 4:32 PM, Derek Seabury wrote:
> Sorry my saur is mothballed at the moment so I can only guess...
> Other possibilities might be the disk being full or corrupt.  I'm

Oh, right! Check how much space you have. By default some of the
installers only use 4-8Gb of space, even if it's a 32g or 64g sd card.

Jondale Stratton

Nov 9, 2019, 4:48:41 PM11/9/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
I'm not at my laser right now so I can't look but I had 400 errors when I ran out of space and also when my directory that saves the run files got too many files in it.  That was in ~/.cache it something like that.

Mathieu Dupont de Dinechin

Nov 9, 2019, 7:04:59 PM11/9/19
to lasersaur
Thank you so much ! You just saved us! I deleted all the .DBA files in the .driveboardapp folder and it works again. I would have never guessed alone. Thank you

Jondale Stratton

Nov 11, 2019, 10:19:00 AM11/11/19
to lase...@googlegroups.com
Glad it worked.  Thinking back to when I had this problem I wonder if it was too many dba files or if one of them was just corrupted and it caused an error.