New release: Kotti 1.3.0 final

Andreas Kaiser

Oct 10, 2016, 11:58:07 AM10/10/16
to Kotti

Hi all,

I just released Kotti 1.3.0. These are the highlights:

  • Kotti has a custom traverser now, which gets all nodes (from root to
    context) in a single DB query. For deeply nested trees this
    results in drastic performance improvements. See
    https://kotti.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/kotti.traversal.html for
    details.

  • A completely revised "Depot" integration.

    File like content can now optionally be served through a tween,
    bypassing the most expensive computations. This makes it possible
    to serve more than 200 50kB files per second with the completely
    untuned "development.ini" on my 2011 MacBook.

    See
    https://kotti.readthedocs.io/en/latest/developing/advanced/blobs.html
    for details.

    Additionally "kotti.resources.SaveDataMixin" is now much more
    versatile in that it now supports a "data_filters" attribute (or even
    a completely overridden "data" attribute) on subclasses. For an
    example for what this is useful, see the new "kotti_image" package's
    readme and the Depot documentation
    (https://depot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/database.html#custom-behaviour-in-attachments).

  • kotti.resources.image and all related code moved to the new
    "kotti_image" add on package. All classes and functions are imported
    into their former place, so that code that imports from there will
    still be working without any change.

  • Upgrade to repoze.workflow 1.0b.

    This allows to have localized workflow state names with proper i18n
    machinery instead of the evil "eval" we had before.

    If your application has a custom "workflow.zcml, it needs a little
    modification though: "state" and "transition" titles are no longer
    "key" subnodes, but attributes on the respective "state" or
    "transition" nodes. See this change to see what that means:
    https://github.com/Kotti/Kotti/commit/efc44c234746d4eaec5dcdbc4a3ab6df44686d1a#diff-4f14743450c561febf00d05c556e8737L20

  • The test suite now uses the recently released zope.testbrowser 5.0.0.
    This finally removes the "mechanize"" and "wsgi_intercept"
    dependencies and thus the last real blocker for Python 3
    compatibility.

For the full list of changes see https://github.com/Kotti/Kotti/blob/master/CHANGES.txt

Happy developing,

Andreas

Mike Orr

Oct 10, 2016, 1:19:32 PM10/10/16
to Kotti mailing list
On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Andreas Kaiser <di...@binary-punks.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just released Kotti 1.3.0. These are the highlights:
>
> Kotti has a custom traverser now, which gets all nodes (from root to
> context) in a single DB query. For deeply nested trees this
> results in drastic performance improvements. See
> https://kotti.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/kotti.traversal.html for
> details.

Yaay!!!

davide moro