Future of Knop development

Steve Piercy - Website Builder

Jul 8, 2015, 8:44:32 PM7/8/15
to knop-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I am considering the future of Knop development and want to
assess how others are currently using Knop and what they would
like to see going forward. Please take a moment to answer the
following questionsok.

1. What versions of Lasso do you use in your projects that use Knop?
2. Should the Knop Project drop support for Lasso 8?
3. Where should the Knop Project focus its future development
efforts, and where should it not bother?
4. What other thoughts would you like to share about the Knop Project?

--------------------

On a related note, development of Knop as free and open source
software (FOSS) is constrained by the developers who contribute
to the project.

To help relieve that constraint, I have been working with
Gratipay to establish a way for contributors to the Knop Project
to receive small payments for their work by becoming a member of
the Knop Project Team on Gratipay. Gratipay is still working on
the transition to 2.0.
https://gratipay.com/knopproject/
https://medium.com/gratipay-blog/gratipay-2-0-2453d3c53077

--steve

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Steve Piercy Website Builder Soquel, CA
<w...@StevePiercy.com> <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Bil Corry

Jul 11, 2015, 3:34:21 AM7/11/15
to Steve Piercy - Website Builder, knop-p...@googlegroups.com
I see there's 37 people on this list (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!members/knop-project), so it will be interesting to see how many respond.  As for myself, I don't code anymore, please put me in the "lurker" bucket.

- Bil

Steve Piercy

Jul 11, 2015, 4:41:55 AM7/11/15
to knop-p...@googlegroups.com
I've received several off-list responses, too. All
to guiding the future of Knop.

Bil, I'm glad you're lurking. I greatly appreciate your insight
and advice.

As far as no longer coding, when you get something right the
first time, why do it again? That's why I still write code.

--steve

On 7/11/15 at 9:34 AM, b...@corry.biz (Bil Corry) pronounced:
Steve Piercy, Soquel, CA

Trevor Borgmeier

Jul 11, 2015, 9:14:42 AM7/11/15
to Steve Piercy - Website Builder, knop-p...@googlegroups.com
I am not actively using knop.  For better or for worse, we're mostly coding in PHP now, but I still lurk in these lasso haunts.

-Trevor
ɹǝıǝɯƃɹoq ɹoʌǝɹʇ