V. vulturnus call confirmation?

Chris W

Oct 22, 2018, 6:52:21 PM10/22/18
to Australasian bat call group
Hi All,

I have a bat call that I want to call a Vespadelus vulturnus but would like people's thoughts on it. The picture is using f8view via analookW with call compression on. The full file is an attachment. Recording was taken in Lake Macquarie area (NSW).

Capture.JPG

Any comments/thoughts appreciated.
Cheers,
Chris

SA221843.13#

mandalocascio

Oct 20, 2019, 7:03:57 PM10/20/19
to Australasian bat call group
Hello, there is overalp with other Vesps at this frequency and in this area, Amanda

GregF

Oct 23, 2019, 5:42:52 AM10/23/19
to Australasian bat call group
Hey Chris. I'm with Amanda...I'd be reluctant to venture beyond Genus on that call in Lk Mac area. I'd lean toward vulturnus, but you could have troughtoni there too at that freq.

Chris Wark

Oct 23, 2019, 5:46:44 AM10/23/19
to kilo...@googlegroups.com
Yes that's what made me hesitate as well. Would love to know if people have managed to separate those two using some call characteristics.

Cheers,
Chris

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.