I cant get into my Password DB

slipp...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2019, 4:37:25 PM4/17/19
to KeePassDroid
I can't open my Password database.

I know I have the correct password. I have it written down someplace else. I check'ed to make sure I wasn't wrong.

The password I enter is correct. But my phone will not open the database.

I have a Samsung 9+. The system updated a few days ago. (possible source of the issue)
Yesterday, I opened the program selected the file.
entered my password and nothing.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this.

Also this leads me to a feature request.

A way to print a hard copy of the password db.
Not only do I use the program to keep track of my login Id's but the places where I have access.

Thanks guys,.

por...@neverwas.net

Jul 16, 2019, 6:01:47 PM7/16/19
to KeePassDroid
Same problem. Phone updated to Android 9 and won't open the DB.

Jonathan Cohen

Jul 16, 2019, 6:35:35 PM7/16/19
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
If you can, you should also try opening your database on another platform (like windows, Mac, Linux, etc.). I personally keep my database in Dropbox so I can see it on all my devices.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019, 3:01 PM <por...@neverwas.net> wrote:
Same problem.  Phone updated to Android 9 and won't open the DB.

guillaume...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2019, 8:13:05 AM9/22/19
to KeePassDroid
Problem which looks like yours ...

I opened my kdbx file yesterday with KeepassDroid (with wifi desactived since 2 weeks), just for reading a password.
During the day, I reactivated the wifi and put it on charge. I see my S8 did a lot of Android updates.

This morning, no way to access my kdbx (password or by fingerprint).
Any help ? is there an issue related with the updates ?

cpet...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2019, 9:20:38 PM10/24/19
to KeePassDroid
I have an s10 got an update a week ago and can't login with my fingerprint or password it just keeps going back to the login screen.

rogersom...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2020, 11:56:28 PM1/21/20
to KeePassDroid
I had keepassdroid open yesterday updating one of my passwords, I updated android on my phone prior to opening my database (which is on Dropbox), now today I am unable to open my database!! I'm getting an invalid Password or keyfile message...even though I know my password is correct... I can open an archived database from over a year ago, but that is way out of date!!! Has the android update prior to opening the database somehow affected the password setting?? I'm not able to check on windows just yet, but did try another android device on a different version of Android and the database still will not open... Any suggestions would be welcome as I have literally hundreds of passwords stored in the database because keepassdroid has been so reliable... I've no chance of remembering all but a few!!

Jonathan Cohen

Jan 22, 2020, 12:58:12 AM1/22/20
to keepassdro...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried looking at the version history of your file in dropbox? Even the free accounts keep previous versions of your files for 30 days.

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 8:56 PM <rogersom...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had keepassdroid open yesterday updating one of my passwords, I  updated android on my phone prior to opening my database (which is on Dropbox), now today I am unable to open my database!! I'm getting an invalid Password or keyfile message...even though I know my password is correct... I can open an archived database from over a year ago, but that is way out of date!!! Has the android update prior to opening the database somehow affected the password setting?? I'm not able to check on windows just yet, but did try another android device on a different version of Android and the database still will not open... Any suggestions would be welcome as I have literally hundreds of passwords stored in the database because keepassdroid has been so reliable... I've no chance of remembering all but a few!!

rogersom...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2020, 4:21:49 PM1/22/20
to KeePassDroid
Jonathan you are an absolute legend 😁 Problem solved, and everything back up and running again, many many thanks for your help 👍😁

ellen....@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2020, 7:43:12 PM2/21/20
to KeePassDroid
So were you able to fix the problem by getting an earlier version? Or something else?

I've had my DB opened today a few times to use passwords. But now I cannot get in. Gives me the same message about "Wrong password or key file". I know my password is correct.

bump...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2020, 11:20:07 AM3/10/20
to KeePassDroid
I went to dropbox instead of the keepassdroid app to open my latest DB that I could find and I was finally able to open it with the password.
MAF

jhaver...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2020, 11:30:30 PM4/18/20
to KeePassDroid
Same problem as still there is no solution

spez...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2020, 12:30:34 AM4/25/20
to KeePassDroid
1. Copy your database to PC/Laptop
2. Download the Windows ver 1.x
3. Do a Database Repair File under tools with your existing master password.
4. Export to another new Keepassdroid file
5. Copy the new DB back to your mobile
6. Open with the Android App with the new DB

larrydsp...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2020, 10:21:24 AM4/27/20
to KeePassDroid
My thanks to Jonathan also.  I had the same issue and rolled back to a previous version to correct it.  Vey much appreciated!

kevinh...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2020, 2:23:45 PM7/13/20
to KeePassDroid
TY much!

costantin...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2020, 4:59:41 AM8/17/20
to KeePassDroid
Thanks! Done and it worked fine!

cindy pewaukee

Dec 21, 2020, 1:57:50 PM12/21/20
to KeePassDroid
 I'm lost .  All of a sudden i get errors , wrong password .   I've never had a problem prior .   Just sick .  It's devastating .   I'm on a Galaxy Android tablet .    Suggestions .   Can I email the database to myself so I could open it on my new windows PC ?  I've not installed keepass on New PC