[VOTE] 0.10.1.0 RC2

Jason Gustafson

Oct 12, 2016, 1:41:11 PM10/12/16
to d...@kafka.apache.org, Kafka Users, kafka-clients
Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

One more RC for 0.10.1.0. I think we're getting close!

Release notes for the 0.10.1.0 release:

*** Please download, test and vote by Saturday, Oct 15, 11am PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:

* Javadoc:

* Tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.1 branch) is the 0.10.1.0-rc2 tag:

* Documentation:

* Protocol:

* Tests:

Thanks,

Jason

Dana Powers

Oct 12, 2016, 3:05:43 PM10/12/16
to Jason Gustafson, d...@kafka.apache.org, Kafka Users, kafka-clients
+1; all kafka-python integration tests pass.

-Dana
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kafka-clients/CAJDuW%3DDk7Mi6ZsiniHcdbCCBdBhasjSeb7_N3EW%3D97OrfvFyew%40mail.gmail.com.

Jason Gustafson

Oct 13, 2016, 2:40:19 PM10/13/16
to Damian Guy, d...@kafka.apache.org, Kafka Users, kafka-clients
No worries, it wouldn't be interesting unless there were a couple last-minute blockers! We're also got KAFKA-4298 to get in.

-Jason

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Damian Guy <damia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Jason,

Really sorry, but we are going to need to cut another RC.  There was a report on the user list w.r.t the NamedCache (in KafkaStreams) throwing a NullPointerException. I've looked into it and it is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed. jira is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-4300 and PR is https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/2024

Thanks,
Damian