[ANN] JupyterHub 0.8

MinRK

Oct 3, 2017, 3:55:59 PM10/3/17
to Project Jupyter

We’ve just released JupyterHub 0.8 to PyPI. Tagged Docker images and conda-forge should propagate shortly.

This is a big one with lots of fixes and exciting improvements. See the blog post for an overview and the changelog for more details.

You can upgrade with:

pip install jupyterhub==0.8.0

There are significant changes to internal communication between the Hub and single-user servers, so it is important when you upgrade JupyterHub to upgrade the version inside your user environments as well. This means adding a line like

pip install jupyterhub==0.8.0

to your Dockerfiles if you are using a container-based deployment to ensure that the Hub and single-user servers have the same version.

Thanks to everyone who helped put this release together.

-Min

Brian Granger

Oct 3, 2017, 6:09:50 PM10/3/17
to Project Jupyter
Nice! Many congrats to the JupyterHub team!

Brian E. Granger
Associate Professor of Physics and Data Science
@ellisonbg on Twitter and GitHub
bgra...@calpoly.edu and elli...@gmail.com

Damián Avila

Oct 4, 2017, 8:40:12 AM10/4/17