[ANN] IPython kernel 4.3

MinRK

Feb 25, 2016, 11:01:12 AM2/25/16
to IPython Development list, jup...@googlegroups.com

We’ve just released 4.3 of the IPython kernel. It has a few compatibility fixes, but the main change is that all output is published from a background thread. This fixes a couple of annoying problems:

  1. no more need for those pesky sys.stdout.flush() calls to ensure that your print statements show up promptly in long-running cells.
  2. output from subprocesses and threads should get published in a more natural order when concurrent with main process output

-MinRK

Brian Granger

Feb 25, 2016, 1:33:32 PM2/25/16
to Project Jupyter, IPython Development list
Awesome work!

Brian E. Granger
Associate Professor of Physics and Data Science
@ellisonbg on Twitter and GitHub
bgra...@calpoly.edu and elli...@gmail.com

Fernando Perez

Feb 26, 2016, 11:49:17 AM2/26/16
to Project Jupyter, IPython Development list

Matthias Bussonnier

Feb 26, 2016, 1:28:57 PM2/26/16
to jup...@googlegroups.com, IPython Development list
Hi all,

Min pushed 4.3.1 a few hours a go that fix a critical bug on windows[1].

Kyle Kelley

Feb 26, 2016, 2:40:49 PM2/26/16
to jup...@googlegroups.com, IPython Development list
This is so good. No longer having to flush output is really helpful in a few notebooks I'm working in.

Kyle Kelley (@rgbkrklambdaops.com)