Using Angular with Jupyterlab Extensions

Simon Biggs

Nov 20, 2017, 6:17:41 AM11/20/17
to Project Jupyter
I have created an npm package that allows you to use Angular within a Phosphor widget. This results in being able to use Angular for building jupyterlab extensions. The repo is over at:

https://github.com/SimonBiggs/phosphor-angular-loader

It's on npm as @simonbiggs/phosphor-angular-loader

The repo has a little demo widget demonstrating use as within just phosphor. I've been using this package to create an extension I am currently working on:

https://github.com/SimonBiggs/jupyterlab-form

Using Angular and creating a jupyterlab extension has been an absolute joy.

Matthias Bussonnier

Nov 20, 2017, 8:55:24 AM11/20/17
to jup...@googlegroups.com
Cool

We should find a place to list all these recipe, maybe one of
JupyterLab (or Phosphor?) wiki or FAQ ?
If will be easier to refer to later !

Thanks !
--
Matthias

Jason Grout

Nov 22, 2017, 11:28:41 AM11/22/17
to jup...@googlegroups.com
We should also quote things like "Using Angular and creating a jupyterlab extension has been an absolute joy." in the JupyterLab docs/material, if it's all right with Simon. Is it all right, Simon?

Jason

Simon Biggs

Nov 22, 2017, 7:15:57 PM11/22/17
to Project Jupyter
Yes for sure. Go for it. I have loved working with what you guys are building :) the more who know it the better.