Start a job on slave / node that just connected to master server

Jakub Gladykowski

Mar 11, 2016, 6:38:48 AM3/11/16
to Jenkins Users
http://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Startup+Trigger will trigger build, whenever slave / node will connect. You can restrict on which slaves this build will be triggered, by using labels. However all I want to do, is to trigger this job, only on the slave / node that just connected.
I there a way I can achieve that in Jenkins?

Simon Richter

Mar 11, 2016, 7:01:01 AM3/11/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 11.03.2016 12:38, Jakub Gladykowski wrote:

> However all I want
> to do, is to trigger this job, only on the slave / node that just connected.

This seems like a good time to ask what you *actually* want to do[1].

Simon

[1] http://xyproblem.info/

Jakub Gladykowski

Mar 11, 2016, 7:05:57 AM3/11/16
to Jenkins Users

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 1:01:01 PM UTC+1, Simon Richter wrote:
This seems like a good time to ask what you *actually* want to do[1].

   Simon

[1] http://xyproblem.info/

 I need to reboot slave few times during test. So whenever slave goes back online, I need to execute another job, and another and another,. I can always do it by using Python API. However it would be much nicer, to start job on that slave, which will handle things.

Eric Pyle

Mar 11, 2016, 2:25:25 PM3/11/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Before the reboot, you could queue up the job you want to run right after reboot. If other jobs may be competing, you can give your special job a higher priority (priority sorter plugin).

Eric