Interactive input with new DSL

71 просмотр

Travis Camechis

не прочитано,
6 мар. 2017 г., 12:17:5006.03.2017
– Jenkins Users
With scripted DSL your not supposed to ask for input inside a node so you don't tie up an executor while waiting for user input.  How is this same thing accomplished in the new DSL ?  It seems like everything runs inside a node with the new DSL ?

Thanks
Travis

R. Tyler Croy

не прочитано,
6 мар. 2017 г., 14:39:4206.03.2017
– jenkins...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)
A single stage can use "agent none"
http://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/syntax/#agent

- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
signature.asc

Travis Camechis

не прочитано,
6 мар. 2017 г., 16:24:1506.03.2017
– Jenkins Users
So if you define an agent of none within a stage it will override the higher level pipeline stage ?

R. Tyler Croy

не прочитано,
6 мар. 2017 г., 17:25:3206.03.2017
– jenkins...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017, Travis Camechis wrote:

> So if you define an agent of none within a stage it will override the
> higher level pipeline stage ?

Correct, the previously linked documentation has an example of a stage-level
"agent" directive.

> On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 2:39:42 PM UTC-5, R Tyler Croy wrote:
> >
> > (replies inline)
> >
> > On Mon, 06 Mar 2017, Travis Camechis wrote:
> >
> > > With scripted DSL your not supposed to ask for input inside a node so
> > you
> > > don't tie up an executor while waiting for user input. How is this same
> > > thing accomplished in the new DSL ? It seems like everything runs
> > inside a
> > > node with the new DSL ?
> > >

> > A single stage can use "agent none"
> > http://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/syntax/#agent
> >

> > - R. Tyler Croy

> > Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
> > Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
> > xmpp: rty...@jabber.org <javascript:>
> >
> > % gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
signature.asc

Andrew Bayer

не прочитано,
6 мар. 2017 г., 22:03:2906.03.2017
– jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Actually, "agent none" on a stage does nothing. I'm still trying to find an effective way to solve this use case in Declarative.

A.

Travis Camechis

не прочитано,
7 мар. 2017 г., 09:20:3807.03.2017
– Jenkins Users
hmm, if thats the case then this seems like a major flaw I would think.  Also a necessary one for a lot of CD pipelines.

suresh kumar

не прочитано,
8 мар. 2017 г., 23:13:5008.03.2017
– Jenkins Users
If we keep "agent none", pipeline input step wont occupy the any executor until the user approves or rejects.
Is this current behavior like this? I will give a try some time today, this feature really required for my CD solution.
We planning to move from freestyle projects to pipeline scripts.

I see another thing which is missing in pipelines "post build steps". How Jenkins community is addressing this, Is there any such document or notes which explains this? This will help me.

Thanks,
Suresh

Christopher Orr

не прочитано,
10 мар. 2017 г., 21:33:0310.03.2017
– jenkins...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 9 Mar 2017, at 05:13, suresh kumar wrote:
> I see another thing which is missing in pipelines "post build steps". How
> Jenkins community is addressing this, Is there any such document or notes
> which explains this? This will help me.

There is documentation for Declarative Pipeline:
https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/syntax/#post

And examples on the blog for Scripted Pipeline:
https://jenkins.io/blog/2016/07/18/pipline-notifications/

Regards,
Chris

suresh kumar

не прочитано,
12 мар. 2017 г., 22:59:4812.03.2017
– Jenkins Users
Tried with 'agent none' with stage having input step, it is not occupying the executor and the pipeline status showing Pause but build status is still Running.
Is there a possibility stopping the build there and on demand basis according to user wish he/she may select the pipeline version which ever they want to continue?

-Suresh

Peter Marcoen

не прочитано,
17 мар. 2017 г., 09:40:0117.03.2017
– Jenkins Users
I experience the same effect.

I have a top-level agent definition for the agent I want to use by default.
In some underlying step I want to use a very specific agent, this override works great.
However, if I use "agent none" in an underlying step to accept input, the "default" node is still being used!
This is really annoying because now I have to put "agent none" at the top-level and a specific agent for each step.
This has the side effect that an SCM checkout is done every time.

Is there an open bug for this already?

Baptiste Mathus

не прочитано,
24 мар. 2017 г., 15:12:0424.03.2017
– jenkins...@googlegroups.com
The general recommendation is to look for it in the tracker, then file it as thoroughly as possible if not.
Thanks

Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать