jenkins status page checkmark instrad of green balls

sabsac123

Jun 15, 2021, 6:16:36 AM6/15/21
to Jenkins Users
My jenkins project status page is showing a green checkmark for successful buld instead of green balls. how to bring back the balls icon to the staus page?
jenkins status.png

Ullrich Hafner

Jun 17, 2021, 8:41:19 AM6/17/21
to Jenkins Users
a) Downgrade your Jenkins version (not recommended).
b) Write a Jenkins theme that uses the old and ugly ball images

Am 15.06.2021 um 08:36 schrieb sabsac123 <sab...@gmail.com>:

My jenkins project status page is showing a green checkmark for successful buld instead of green balls. how to bring back the balls icon to the staus page?

<jenkins status.png>

Dirk Heinrichs

Jun 17, 2021, 9:06:27 AM6/17/21
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Am Donnerstag, den 17.06.2021, 14:41 +0200 schrieb Ullrich Hafner:

b) Write a Jenkins theme that uses the old and ugly ball images

Uglyness always lies in the eye of the beholder, doesn't it? Some people might find the new ones ugly...

Bye...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs
Senior Systems Engineer, Delivery Pipeline

Fabian Cenedese

Jun 17, 2021, 9:13:52 AM6/17/21
At 14:41 17.06.2021, you wrote:
>a) Downgrade your Jenkins version (not recommended).
>b) Write a Jenkins theme that uses the old and ugly ball images
>
>>Am 15.06.2021 um 08:36 schrieb sabsac123 <<mailto:sab...@gmail.com>sab...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>My jenkins project status page is showing a green checkmark for successful buld instead of green balls. how to bring back the balls icon to the staus page?

Just to add to the original poster's comment. We too were surprised to
see the new icons. The problem is not whether the new or the old ones
were ugly or not. It's a simple case of clarity. The old icons (ugly or not)
were a lot clearer to grasp. The new weather icons are all the same color.
It's harder to see at one glance what the state of the dozens of jobs is.
Obviously we eventually will get used to the new theme. But I still don't
understand why all people think that flat and abstract is more modern.
Modern is not necessarily also practical.
Just my 1 cent.

bye Fabi

Ullrich Hafner

Jun 17, 2021, 9:56:18 AM6/17/21