Multi Configuration Job Jenkinsfile

Chris Denneen

Feb 10, 2017, 6:23:05 PM2/10/17
to Jenkins Users
I'm looking for example to replace existing Multi Configuration Job with Jenkinsfile that handles X Y axis mapping.
Also needs to support Matrix Configuration (so which X:Y mappings to do) and Slave label to run that job on.
In the multi configuration job even if called from pipeline on node X... when it runs the child jobs it runs them on random nodes without a Slave Axis.

Chris Denneen

Feb 19, 2017, 9:47:29 AM2/19/17
to Jenkins Users
Anyone have any suggestions?
Trying to run a multi configuration job for different RUBY_VERSION and PUPPET_VERSION. Also this job needs to pin the jobs on a particular slave with slave axis
Message has been deleted

Chris Denneen

Feb 23, 2017, 12:39:47 PM2/23/17
to Jenkins Users
Sathish? What are you referring to here?
This is UI configuration. I've had this for a while.
I'm looking for Jenkinsfile equivalent.

Thanks

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 9:58:31 PM UTC-5, sathish g wrote:

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 8:17:29 PM UTC+5:30, Chris Denneen wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions?
Trying to run a multi configuration job for different RUBY_VERSION and PUPPET_VERSION. Also this job needs to pin the jobs on a particular slave with slave axis

R. Tyler Croy

Feb 23, 2017, 3:48:01 PM2/23/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017, Chris Denneen wrote:

> Sathish? What are you referring to here?
> This is UI configuration. I've had this for a while.
> I'm looking for Jenkinsfile equivalent.

There is no such thing as a "Multiconfiguration Pipeline" as such in Pipeline.
You might find the use of the parallel() step to be helpful here however:
https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/jenkinsfile/#advanced-scripted-pipeline

- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
signature.asc

Chris Denneen

Feb 23, 2017, 4:46:14 PM2/23/17
to Jenkins Users
Thanks R Tyler... I guess my bigger question is how to migrate away from Freestyle and Multi-Config type jobs into Pipeline/Groovy style jobs.
Not sure there is a way to configure the build triggers or post build actions.
For example kick off build when PR happens... I know these are checkboxes in UI but in moving to "config as code" is there a way to do this in the Jenkinsfile? Do you recommend saving the xml off and using jenkinsci-puppet module? or something like JJB?

Douglas Ferguson

Feb 23, 2017, 6:08:32 PM2/23/17
to Jenkins
How do I unsubscribe?

Daniel Beck

Feb 23, 2017, 6:29:30 PM2/23/17
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 24.02.2017, at 00:08, Douglas Ferguson <the...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How do I unsubscribe?

If you're asking how to unsubscribe from this mailing list, see the footer in every email for instructions.