How many jobs can handle by Jenkins master?

閲覧: 85 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

dennys

未読、
2016/04/20 1:18:032016/04/20
To: jenkins...@googlegroups.com
We use 1 Jenkins and 30 Jenkins slaves.
(Jenkins master doesn't build code, only slaves build code.)
But when there are about 18 build jobs at the same time, Jenkins will hang
for a while.

Jenkins master has 16 cores and the CPU loading is about 50% when the server
is hang.
The following is the JVM parameter, is there any suggestion for it?

-Xms4096m
-Xmx4096m
-XX:MaxPermSize=800M
-XX:+UseParallelOldGC
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-Dorg.eclipse.jetty.server.Request.maxFormContentSize=5000000

Daniel Beck

未読、
2016/04/20 2:13:472016/04/20
To: jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Would be interesting to know what's the output of /threadDump when this is going on. 18 builds is much less than Jenkins should be able to handle.

Alex Domoradov

未読、
2016/04/20 3:40:132016/04/20
To: Jenkins Users、m...@beckweb.net
@Dennys Hsieh
How many executors you have configured on the master node?

dennys

未読、
2016/04/20 4:38:482016/04/20
To: jenkins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply. We don't build code on master, the executor is 0.
And does thread dump show CPU data? I think it's for memory analysis (If I'm
wrong, please let me know, thanks.)

Daniel Beck

未読、
2016/04/20 6:04:062016/04/20
To: jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 20.04.2016, at 10:05, dennys <dennys...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And does thread dump show CPU data?

No, but it shows the code Jenkins is working on at that point in time and often gives hints wrt bottlenecks.

dennys

未読、
2016/04/21 5:54:002016/04/21
To: jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I try to analyze the thread dump, fingerprint and global build status plugin
use lots of resource.
I can disable global build status, but I cannot find a solution to disable
fingerprint...

Daniel Beck

未読、
2016/04/21 6:21:362016/04/21
To: jenkins...@googlegroups.com

> On 21.04.2016, at 11:20, dennys <dennys...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> cannot find a solution to disable
> fingerprint

Fingerprinting is optional when archiving and in Copy Artifacts.

Stephen Connolly

未読、
2016/04/21 9:16:402016/04/21
To: jenkins...@googlegroups.com
I will theorize that you are using the evil job type.

Also you have not mentioned the Jenkins version you are running, so you may be being affected by JENKINS-34213

dennys

未読、
2016/04/22 2:57:202016/04/22
To: jenkins...@googlegroups.com
We use Jenkins 1.554.3, I know it's old, we'll try to upgrade it.
And most projects are Maven 2/3, I think we cannot disable fingerprint of
Maven project, is it correct?

Btw, Jenkins copies all artifacts from slaves to master after build. Will it
increase disk IO or network loading of Jenkins master?

Stephen Connolly

未読、
2016/04/22 4:15:532016/04/22
To: jenkins...@googlegroups.com
On 22 April 2016 at 07:24, dennys <dennys...@gmail.com> wrote:
We use Jenkins 1.554.3, I know it's old, we'll try to upgrade it.
And most projects are Maven 2/3, I think we cannot disable fingerprint of
Maven project, is it correct?

It is evil in many many ways: http://javaadventure.blogspot.ie/2013/11/jenkins-maven-job-type-considered-evil.html lists just some of the ways in which it is evil.

More critically for you, the fingerprinting of artifacts causes some concurrency related locking that effectively hobbles the concurrent build rate. It may have been fixed in newer versions, but I stay away from the evil one so I cannot confirm.

Btw, Jenkins copies all artifacts from slaves to master after build. Will it
increase disk IO or network loading of Jenkins master?

Yes. However file copy is a more optimized path in the remoting protocol so it should not be as bad... but if you are copying very large (think .iso images) files it may be better to route around Jenkins remoting

Sent from the Jenkins users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送
新着メール 0 件