Failure to install plugin dependency

Mads Nielsen

Jul 7, 2015, 2:58:30 AM7/7/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

A couple of days ago i released a library plugin that my plugin depends on (those plugins also got released with mvn release:prepare release:perform):

When i try to install one of the plugins that depends on this plugin, the installation fails, i do not understand why this happens because loooking at it i can easily see my released plugin here:

I get the error below, anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Best regards,
Mads

hudson.util.IOException2: Failed to download from http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/compatibility-action-storage/1.0/compatibility-action-storage.hpi (redirected to: http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/plugins/compatibility-action-storage/1.0/compatibility-action-storage.hpi)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:791)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1138)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$InstallationJob._run(UpdateCenter.java:1298)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$DownloadJob.run(UpdateCenter.java:1116)
	at hudson.remoting.AtmostOneThreadExecutor$Worker.run(AtmostOneThreadExecutor.java:104)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/plugins/compatibility-action-storage/1.0/compatibility-action-storage.hpi
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1675)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$6.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1673)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:1671)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1244)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:756)
	... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/plugins/compatibility-action-storage/1.0/compatibility-action-storage.hpi
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1624)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField(HttpURLConnection.java:2678)
	at java.net.URLConnection.getHeaderFieldLong(URLConnection.java:639)
	at java.net.URLConnection.getContentLengthLong(URLConnection.java:511)
	at java.net.URLConnection.getContentLength(URLConnection.java:495)
	at hudson.model.UpdateCenter$UpdateCenterConfiguration.download(UpdateCenter.java:755)

Mads Nielsen
Consultant
m...@praqma.net
+45 50 98 18 09
Skype: inkspot
Praqma
www.praqma.com
Allerød Stationsvej 4
DK-3450 Allerød
+45 36 77 27 62

Daniel Beck

Jul 7, 2015, 3:20:20 AM7/7/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The update center generator complains that the wiki page specified in the pom does not exist.

https://ci.jenkins-ci.org/job/infra_update_center_v3/1453/console

http://jenkins-ci.org/content/new-wiki-url-requirement-plugins

> new plugins that don't provide a wiki URL and don't have an override URL will not show up at all.

While the log also mentions that it adds the plugin anyway, it doesn't show up in the JSON file except as dependency:
http://jenkins.mirror.isppower.de/updates/current/update-center.json

So please try to add a wiki page for the plugin (as child of the Plugins page).
> Mads Nielsen
> Consultant
> m...@praqma.net
> +45 50 98 18 09
> Skype: inkspotPraqma
> www.praqma.com
> Allerød Stationsvej 4
> DK-3450 Allerød
> +45 36 77 27 62

Mads Nielsen

Jul 7, 2015, 3:32:24 AM7/7/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Spelling mistake strikes again, thanks Daniel.

Mads Nielsen
Consultant
m...@praqma.net
+45 50 98 18 09