Jenkins 2.235.4 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža

Aug 2, 2020, 3:30:47 AM8/2/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Final
release is scheduled for 2020-08-12.

Please, report your findings in this thread.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.235.4/jenkins.war

Thanks!
--
oliver

Johno Crawford

Aug 10, 2020, 1:25:51 PM8/10/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oliver,

Any https servers available to download the latest LTS RC?

Johno Crawford

Johno Crawford

Aug 10, 2020, 1:33:23 PM8/10/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Would be great if in the future you could provide a https link and hashes of the binary. Sadly I did a little bit of digging and found this ticket.. https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/INFRA-266

Johno Crawford

Björn Pedersen

Aug 11, 2020, 10:55:41 AM8/11/20
to Jenkins Developers
It looks like the certificate does not  cover all domains that  are currently server:

This server could not prove that it is mirrors.jenkins-ci.org; its security certificate is from pkg.origin.jenkins.io. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection
As it is a letsencyrpt certifacte, maybe just adding the domain (https://certbot.eff.org/docs/using.html#changing-a-certificate-s-domains if using certbot)  could help?

Björn

Mark Waite

Aug 11, 2020, 11:24:27 AM8/11/20
to jenkinsci-dev
On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 8:55 AM 'Björn Pedersen' via Jenkins Developers <jenkin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
It looks like the certificate does not  cover all domains that  are currently server:

This server could not prove that it is mirrors.jenkins-ci.org; its security certificate is from pkg.origin.jenkins.io. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection
As it is a letsencyrpt certifacte, maybe just adding the domain (https://certbot.eff.org/docs/using.html#changing-a-certificate-s-domains if using certbot)  could help?

  Unfortunately, there's significantly more involved in the transition than adding an SSL certificate to the domain.

That location is the root of the Jenkins mirrors.  The mirroring software we use does not support HTTPS.  We're in the process of switching to new mirroring software that supports HTTPS.

Baptiste Mathus

Aug 12, 2020, 2:50:35 AM8/12/20
to Jenkins Developers
IIUC the most important, and quite easy, thing they could be done here before we can also have the right thing on server side is for Oliver to publish the hash for the local file he uploaded?

This way even if someone was able to midm the http:// server folks could check they're testing the expected binaries?

WDYT ?

Oliver, are you able to add the computed hash in this thread?

Thanks

-- Baptiste

Oliver Gondža

Aug 12, 2020, 3:23:03 AM8/12/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hey, good idea, Baptiste.

The hash of the uploaded file is
sha256:d83ad972ec4a645e0ce580dd82668af3b0ea4d775f15910fe90a44687c926841.

I will make it part of the future announcements:
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/backend-commit-history-parser/commit/1eb7c84ab4a397960f72020ff276e5efe551fdd0

--
oliver