Archiving jenkinsci/groovy repo

Oliver Gondža

Jan 7, 2020, 3:17:54 AM1/7/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to a github security alert, I find out we have a fork of an
official groovy repo[1] in our org. It is terribly outdated and unused
for over 8 years[2].

Are there any objections to archiving such repositories? The repo will
remain readable but it would clearly indicate it is obsolete and it will
not be searched for vulnerabilities, noone is interested in.

[1] https://github.com/jenkinsci/groovy
[2]
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/commit/b8673633da9aa4f0632a4a9e1fc26729cfca0f9e

Thanks!
--
oliver

Raihaan Shouhell

Jan 7, 2020, 5:34:13 AM1/7/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 should have been archived a long time ago.

Cheers,
Raihaan

Oliver Gondža

Jan 7, 2020, 7:09:26 AM1/7/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The repo is archived now. It can always be unarchived if the need arises.

--
oliver

Oleg Nenashev

Jan 7, 2020, 6:56:00 PM1/7/20