New plugin hosting request

Sanketh P B

Dec 5, 2015, 10:41:19 PM12/5/15
to Jenkins Developers
Dear Team,

Please find the new plugin details below.

GitHub url: https://github.com/sankethpb/assemblyInfo-updater
Name of plugin: assemblyInfo-updater
GitHub username and jenkins-ci.org user name: sankethpb

Kindly provide the required access to host this plugin.

Thanks,
Sanketh

Sanketh P B

Dec 7, 2015, 3:04:10 AM12/7/15
to Jenkins Developers
Dear All,

Any updates here?

Thanks,
Sanketh

Slide

Dec 7, 2015, 8:58:06 AM12/7/15
to Jenkins Developers
You posted on a weekend, so please be patient.

Sanketh P B

Dec 11, 2015, 10:29:12 AM12/11/15
to Jenkins Developers
Dear All,

Any updates here? Is this pending due to any changes required?

Thanks,
Sanketh

Message has been deleted

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 12, 2015, 4:12:07 PM12/12/15
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Sanketh,

How the plugin differs from https://github.com/jenkinsci/change-assembly-version-plugin ?
From what I see it would be better to update that plugin instead of creating the new one

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

Sanketh P B

Dec 13, 2015, 8:46:14 AM12/13/15
to Jenkins Developers
Dear Oleg Nenashev,

This plugin offers support for frequently performed operations (change in product version, file version and copyright info) on .Net, managed .Net and C++ assembly information in a easy way. The other concentrates on .Net only and for updating versions. Kindly suggest your thoughts, I feel this could be separate plugins.

Best Regards,
Sanketh

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 14, 2015, 3:02:22 AM12/14/15
to Jenkins Developers, leonard...@gmail.com
In general we try to avoid creation of new plugins wherever it is possible. IMHO it makes sense to consider integrating the functionality into a single plugin^ because they are very close. I agree that the existing plugin does not cover all your case, but it could be solved by the plugin extension and renaming.

I've added Leonardo Kobus (maintainer of change-assembly-version-plugin) to Cc.

Sanketh P B

Dec 15, 2015, 11:08:27 AM12/15/15
to Jenkins Developers, leonard...@gmail.com
Sure, I agree with you. We could enhance the existing plugin.
@Leonardo Kobus: Please provide your inputs on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Sanketh

Sanketh P B

Dec 23, 2015, 1:09:17 PM12/23/15
to Jenkins Developers, leonard...@gmail.com
Dear Team,

There is no update from the plugin developer/maintainer, please let me know how to proceed here.

Thanks,
Sanketh

Daniel Beck

Dec 23, 2015, 5:25:20 PM12/23/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, leonard...@gmail.com
Given that it's the end of the year I'd prefer to wait a bit longer to give Leonardo time to respond even if on vacation.

Sanketh P B

Mar 20, 2016, 6:50:01 AM3/20/16
to Jenkins Developers, leonard...@gmail.com, m...@beckweb.net
It's a long wait by now. Could you please let me know the next steps?

Baptiste Mathus

Mar 22, 2016, 9:05:13 AM3/22/16
to Jenkins Developers, leonard...@gmail.com, m...@beckweb.net
Hi Sanketh,

I've made a committer on this plugin and the lead of the JIRA component. Please review your inbox, you should have received an invitation.
Leonardo is still committer.

So, please start progressively, ideally by filing PR instead of directly pushing, and asking for review from your co-maintainer, and feel free to merge it if you don't hear from him under a few days.
Over time, it'll be up to you to choose that strategy.

Thanks for your help.