How to best handle configuration errors in a Cloud provider plugin

Cameron Esfahani

Nov 9, 2017, 1:09:27 AM11/9/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I've written a Cloud provider plugin.

There are situations where the user can have configured my plugin such that it'll always cause an error.

Invalid credentials for example.

What's the best way to handle this case? If I throw an exception from my call() implementation or return null, Jenkins will still continue to call my call() routine.

For some error types, like a timeout, that's fine.

But if the user supplies me with invalid credentials, it's never going to work, so I want Jenkins to stop calling call() and report some kind of error.

Can I do this?

Cameron Esfahani
di...@apple.com

"Americans are very skilled at creating a custom meaning from something that's mass-produced."

Ann Powers

Cameron Esfahani

Nov 14, 2017, 8:43:02 PM11/14/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Any ideas?

Cameron Esfahani
di...@apple.com

"There are times in the life of a nation when the only place a decent man can find himself is in prison."