"backend-jenkins-ci-cloudbees-com-filler" job disabled, some failing jobs remain

8 paparan
Langkau ke mesej pertama yang belum dibaca

R. Tyler Croy

belum dibaca,
24 Jan 2017, 6:43:14 PTG24/01/17
kepada in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkin...@googlegroups.com

I have disabled the backend-jenkins-ci-cloudbees-com-filler job on
jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com which has caused issues for *numerous* plugin
developers including the nice folks hacking on Blue Ocean. If this filler job
is important to you, please join the #jenkins-infra or the
in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org mailing list and let's talk about transitioning the
support burden to you :)

If your plugin has had builds failing because a job was created against your
wishes on jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com, please open an INFRA ticket and assign to either
aheritier or abayer asking to please have it deleted :)

As far as I'm concerned, jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com is *NOT* maintained by myself
nor olblak. It is almost-entirely-unsupported legacy.

We *DO* have Jenkins Pipeline support for plugins ready to go
(https://ci.jenkins.io/job/Plugins/) for which plugin maintainers can create a
Jenkinsfile which just contains `buildPlugin` to get Windows and Linux builds
(https://github.com/jenkins-infra/pipeline-library). YAY! Except we cannot
enable all plugin repositories until rate-limit-related changes in GitHub
Branch Source are released and stable. Once that happens, I'll open up the
inclusion list to all plugins, until then if you have a Jenkinsfile in your
plugin repo, simply file an INFRA ticket and request to be added to the
inclusion list.

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
signature.asc

Arnaud Héritier

belum dibaca,
24 Jan 2017, 7:40:09 PTG24/01/17
kepada in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I would be in favor of a shutdown of http://jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com/

It will help to move forward ci.jenkins.io from my POV

Arnaud Héritier

belum dibaca,
25 Jan 2017, 5:13:12 PG25/01/17
kepada in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkin...@googlegroups.com

FYI many jobs are failing on  because there is the tools.jar not correctly configured at maven level

[INFO] --- maven-hpi-plugin:1.67:apt-compile (default-apt-compile) @ tusarnotifier ---
[WARNING] Error injecting: org.jenkinsci.maven.plugins.hpi.AptCompiler
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/mirror/apt/AnnotationProcessorFactory

https://jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com/job/plugins/view/All%20Failed/job/tusarnotifier-plugin/2/console

-----
Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Arnaud Héritier

belum dibaca,
25 Jan 2017, 5:24:08 PG25/01/17
kepada in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Another part are failing because they are already requiring J8 (Not JDK8 to build but J8 as target) which is completely stupid from my POV because Jenkins core is still J7 compatible

52.8% of instances were already running Java 8 back in last November, and now reaching 58% two months later.

Thus 40% of our users can install plugins which are incompatible with their environment and they aren't warned about it

I'm manually reconfiguring them to J8 when they are asking for it

And we have a set of build failures due to missing dependencies thus the maven build isn't reproducible ... (sometimes it "just" because they are relying on non published/available SNAPSHOTs)

For all these reason and because we are going in a direction to give more freedom to developers and not more constraints I reiterate my proposal to just shutdown this legacy service

Cheers

Jesse Glick

belum dibaca,
25 Jan 2017, 10:16:28 PG25/01/17
kepada Jenkins Dev
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 5:23 AM, Arnaud Héritier <aher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another part are failing because they are already requiring J8 (Not JDK8 to
> build but J8 as target)

BTW this will not happen accidentally if you are using a 2.x parent
POM, as is strongly recommended. You would have to explicitly say

<java.level>8</java.level>

https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-20679

> For all these reason and because we are going in a direction to give more
> freedom to developers and not more constraints I reiterate my proposal to
> just shutdown this legacy service

As Tyler noted we need to first ensure that ci.jenkins.io can actually
keep up with GitHub events.

Also I insist that we first need a standardized library for at least a
Maven-based plugin build (ideally also Gradle-based), so that every
plugin author does not need to reinvent all the boilerplate needed.
There are a handful of plugins which may have exotic needs (a custom
Docker image for building, say), but I think the vast majority with a
`pom.xml` could be built using a completely stock procedure as we do
today on jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com, so I would like the standard
`Jenkinsfile` to look like

@Library('maven-hpi-plugin@13') import _
build()

R. Tyler Croy

belum dibaca,
25 Jan 2017, 11:37:50 PG25/01/17
kepada jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)
This exists already and is loaded into the Plugins folder as a Shared Library
on ci.jenkins.io: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/pipeline-library

The Jenkinsfiles need only say:

buildPlugin
signature.asc

Slide

belum dibaca,
25 Jan 2017, 2:48:11 PTG25/01/17
kepada jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Does buildPlugin archive the most recent artifacts?

Slide

belum dibaca,
25 Jan 2017, 2:48:57 PTG25/01/17
kepada jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind...I missed the source originally. I looked at it does.
Balas kepada semua
Balas kepada pengarang
Kirim Semula
0 mesej baharu